Blood test results

I've been feeling pretty rubbish lately - tiredness, achy, pins and needles in fingers/feet etc., spider veins in legs appearing, visible blue veins etc... I thought I could possibly be anemic, but my blood results appear to have come back 'normal'. Could somebody please analyse them for me and see if anything looks unusual?

Serum folate3.5 ug/L

Serum vitamin B12218 ng/L

Serum ferritin23.5 ug/L

Serum sodium141 mmol/L

Serum potassium4.1 mmol/L

Serum urea level3.8 mmol/L

Serum creatinine63 umol/L

Serum free T4 level16.9 pmol/L

Serum TSH level2 mu/L

Serum bilirubin level10 umol/L

AST serum level18 u/L

Plasma ALT level12 iu/L

Serum alkaline phosphatase51 u/L

Serum total protein68 g/L

Serum albumin42 g/L

Erythrocyte sedimentation rate2 mm/1stHr

Total white cell count6.8 10*9/L

Haemoglobin estimation133 g/L

Red blood cell (RBC) count4.48 10*12/L

Haematocrit0.37 Ratio

Mean corpuscular volume (MCV)84 fL

Mean corpusc. haemoglobin(MCH)29.7 pg

Mean corpusc. Hb. conc. (MCHC)356 g/L

Platelet count188 10*9/L

Neutrophil count3.94 10*9/L

Lymphocyte count2.33 10*9/L

Monocyte count0.51 10*9/L

Eosinophil count0.05 10*9/L

Basophil count0.01 10*9/L

3 Replies

• Hi Anderson, could you post the ranges which you will find next to the results on the blood result sheet? That will give a clearer picture.

• Anderson29,

Without ranges I can only comment on a few results.

TSH 2.0 and FT4 16.9 are euthyroid (normal) and don't currently indicate thyroid dysfunction.

B12 218 is very low and this may be why you are experiencing pins and needles. It is within range so NHS won't prescribe but you can supplement to improve levels to the 1,000 which PAS consider optimal. Supplement 5,000mcg methlycobalamin for 12 weeks and then reduce to a maintenance dose of 1,000mcg. Take a B Complex vitamin to keep the other B vits balanced.

Folate 3.5 is also very low. Supplement 400mcg folic acid or methlyfolate for 3 months.

Ferritin 23.5 is low too. Ferritin is optimal halfway through range and if you don't have the range aim for 70-100. Supplement iron with 1,000mg vitamin C to aid absorption and minimise constipation.

If any of the full blood count evaluations are above/below range this link will advise of possible causes

I am not a medical professional and this information is not intended to be a substitute for medical guidance from your own doctor. Please check with your personal physician before applying any of these suggestions.

• No vitamin D level here

Have you had this checked? If not ask GP - if they won't agree can get done via post from City Assay

Are you currently being treated for thyroid issues and taking thyroxine?

Do you know if you have had your thyroid antibodies checked?

You may also like...