Do 50 million Americans really have Bipolar disorder?

This psychiatrist believes there is a natural way to heal..the non drug approach. She sees inflammation, gluten and dairy etc.. effecting her patients, who had previously been diagnosed with mental disorders. As someone who had been on psych meds for years, became ill with Hashimotos and permanent injuries due to psychiatric meds, i wish i had been able to research the above, at the time. I had no computer and just listened to my doctors. I am paying the price for the rest of my life now. I hope this helps someone..Thanks for listening.

kellybroganmd.com/do-5-mill...

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Your totally right my endocrine system is on melt down however I came off psych meds 10 years ago I do have bipolar and it's fairly apparent but that's part of being me x

• This woman is saying that bipolar is a symptom of gut issues..

• B12 deficiency can also be diagnosed as bipolar.

• This is also an extract from the BTA regarding psychological symptoms:-

"Fortunately, in the great majority of cases, psychological symptoms improve as the thyroid disorder is brought under control by treatment, if the thyroid is the cause of the problem. But this improvement may not be as rapid as you hope, and it is common for people to feel emotionally and mentally out of sorts for some time even after their blood tests return to normal. There are lots of people who can help. Rather than bottling up your fears you can":

btf-thyroid.org/information... 

Some points on this from my perpective:-

First, if you're fortunate enough to be diagnosed. Second that you are given sufficient thyroid hormones to make you feel well. Third, not kept on too low a dose to keep you 'somehwere in range'. Quote:-

But this improvement may not be as rapid as you hope, and it is common for people to feel emotionally and mentally out of sorts for some time even after their blood tests return to normal.

Nothing with regard to the patient finally feeling well with no symptoms, instead it is the usual 'normal blood tests' which we know doesn't always correlate with wellbeing.

You may also like...