Just got T3 Uni Pharma. Can I take it at the same time as levo or not?

I recently decided to do it myself being fed up for all docs. So I got T3 Uni Pharma (thanks to all folks here who helped me with the info where to order) and now I want to take it besides levo I am already taking. I know that I should lower my dose of levo and everything but the only thing I don't know is should those two be taken at the same time or not. I mean, I guess there are no interactions but still would like to hear from someone who knows better than me. Thanks

13 Replies

• Upgrade,

Levothyroxine and T3 can be taken together in one dose.  If you post your recent thyroid results members will advise whether you need to reduce Levothyroxine dose when adding T3.

I am not a medical professional and this information is not intended to be a substitute for medical guidance from your own doctor. Please check with your personal physician before applying any of these suggestions.

• I take both at the same time.

• I am taking levothyroxine only in the morning and T3 divided in a few doses through the day.

• Thanks to all. Thought so but it's better to check which way is the best to take them.

• I take all meds in the morning.

• Thanks.

• You can take them together, just keep in mind that you do it on empty stomach.

• Thanks. Yes I know this about empty stomach. Is this a big problem if I miss to do so?

• Food may interfere with medications and lower their absorption.

• OK, thanks.

• Forgot to ask - how much do you take and are you on just T3 or both?

• Hi Upgrade. I am on only T3 now, I decided to go on that route few months ago realizing that I don't need T4 at all. I take 75 mcg of T3. But I was taking both T3 and T4 before.

• Thanks

You may also like...