Thyroid UK
82,882 members97,911 posts

food/skin/complexion eat these/ and no matter what, my skin is sooooooooooo dry!

dailymail.co.uk/health/arti...

24 Replies
oldestnewest

Why are you up in the middle of the night Pettals? Why is it called 'beauty sleep' when we don't waken beautiful even if we've had a good sound sleep :)

This is a link with tips.

aad.org/public/skin-hair-na...

because I have been disturbed at night for 6 years now shaws and its been the hed pressure now it Is also otherweird sensations in my head,i had a sleep study last week ,wired up to electrodes everywhere all in a bumbag type thing and I could nt sleep at all so my night in hosp was a disaster, I wont know until 8 weeks time th e otcome, last night I woke at 1 am and just laid there so I got up and went back at 4pm and awake now at 7 , had a bath and now here. I am not beautiful anymore, iwas once now I wont even look in th e mirror if I can avoid it!

I'm sorry you have all these problems - no wonder you're up all night and day.

I hope they are able to get to the root of your problems as they haven't done much good for quite a number of years. You must have a long list of diagnoses now which have been a definite which turned out not to be that at all.

I hope all is well when you get the results.

My skin is oh so dry too Pettals to the point it's embarrassing . I don't sleep well either. I go to sleep and suddenly it's like someone has switched on a lightbulb in my brain. Anyway, I hope you get some answers to your sleep test soon. 'M'💐

My skin is so dry too, even after moisturising I itch, my skin on my nose peels all the time!!

there is something that is stopping us from absorbing the water/oil into our cells an dit must be to do with these damn gene mutations--- no matter what I drinkor how idrink or fishoils avocado or slap on creams nothing works I am now trying pharma nord omega 7, buck berries or what ever they are.

Have you tried vits A and E? They're very good for the skin. But, as they are fat soluble, you can over-dose on them.

1 like

I use a little bit of almond oil in the evening on my face, sometimes on elbows and knees. I find it helps quite a bit

The tops of both my thighs are so dry, like water damaged leather. I notice that every single time I eat avocado, they soften. It must be a real avocado, not the prepared stuff, ready to dip. Problem is, I can't stand avocado anymore. I developed a bit of an aversion to it because of the rotten moldy ones that are so easy to find. But it works in a snap, strangest thing to me. Also take a bath with coconut oil. The softness lasts, it's unbelievable. Those are the only two things that work. The only lotion that helps is Aveeno Daily Moisturizing, I've tried so many brands, but this one is it for us. I only use it on my hands though. I don't like putting lotion everywhere.

1 like

ihave snake skin legs as well and dry face I might squash avocado into my snaky legs. a lot of them are mouldy when you cut them open

1 like

I'd love to have a dollar for every rotten avocado I've purchased. Sometimes I take pieces of avocado and squeeze it and start 'washing' my hands with it. Rinse it off and my hands are incredibly soft. I have a bottle of avocado oil, but haven't used it in so long, it's probably rancid. I bought it to massage into my scalp after viewing some youTubers who said it helped condition hair and promote growth. You bend over and massage your scalp with this oil for five straight minutes. Either my eyes were deceiving me or it was a placebo effect, but my hair did seem to grow. I'd love to see someone else try it and tell me.

I should put it in my bathroom vs the kitchen cupboard. It would get more use.

marvalu si will try it I would eat cow dung to activate my hair follicles I shall squash it up and coat my bonce with it.http://www.goodhealthacademy.com/health-benefits/avocado-oil-for-hair-growth/

1 like

LOL, well yeah, try avocado oil first!! :D good link.

Hi there,

Have you tried the Dr Organics range from Holland & Barrett? My daughter suffers terribly from eczema and her gp won't prescribe the steroid cream that helps so, I bought her some Dr Organics hemp seed oil body lotion and it has worked wonders. She has gone through a full tube of body lotion in less than a week and her skin has really improved. The only down side is the cost because she is a single, working mum living off a small income and the lotion costs £5.99. I bought the lotion as a Mother's Day present because she refused to pay such a lot of money. I'm going to get her some more for a birthday in a couple of week's time.

TT

Hi bluepettals2,

I agree with greygoose's vitamin A, (though I did not know that vitamin E helps skin too, I will look into that one. :) )

I took vitamin A and within a day or so my skin face, neck and later I noticed the bottoms of my feet started to go softer too.

The lines round my eyes improved straight away, my Daughter reported the same. The vitamin A has retinoic acid in it.

I have always had trouble with dry skin especially in winter months and with central heating on drying my skin and flakiness and even embarrassing red patches, I use to use cover up makeup on, but not this year at all.

Doctor years ago said nothing could be done for my dry skin.

I read that vit A is (or was,) used for teenage acne.

just a bit wary of vit a bu t then I don t absorb vit d so I shoul d be ok do you buy it as oil or capsules and thanks grey goossey

Capsules.

supremefulvic.com/

what about this for hydration

Which product did you use please Coastwalker?

1 like

yes I second that...

To both Silver_Fairy and bluepettals2, firstly I used Natures Remedy, (had to recheck my email orders,) then went on to HealthAid 5000iu, on Chemist Direct it mentions helping skin conditions like acne, but I cannot seem to find the mention of retinoic acid written on them as I am sure I did on my first buy of Nature's Remedy.

I bought vitamin A to help my eyes originally and happened to notice my complexion suddenly improved. Also my husband takes it for his asthma and apparently vit A with retinoic acid in it in trials with mice helped them makes new airsacs in their lungs.

A man I speak to here on HU has almost cured his wife of Emphysema using only both vits A + D3+K2 and his Doctor is actually on board with them. His Wife once on her death bed in hospital now is out shopping in town and helping with the gardening. These vitamins have also helped my Mum's COPD too, she no longer struggles to breathe.

1 like

I have replied to both you and bluepettals2 below. S_F

1 like

thanks coasty

1 like

I stopped using expensive creams on my face and now just use oils -- Argan Oil and Rose Oil from Holland & Baratt and Trilogy's Rose hip oil +antioxident -- and my skin is amazing!

1 like