Few days ago I got Uni Pharma I ordered online but I am still trying to figure out what's the best way to start with T3

I am on 250 mcg of T4 right now and I feel awful, which is absolutely nothing new as I feel like this for years. So thanks to people here I purchased T3 on my own. For days now I am reading about different approaches with how to start with T3 - some do it slowly, some not, so I don't know how I should do it. I don't want to do it too gradually, I feel so bad as it is that doing it very slowly is only going to prolong my agony. Can I just take one pill for a start? If so how much should I lower my dreadful Levo? You can guess, I hate this drug and would like to get rid of it as much and as soon as possible. Please don't think that I am some shallow uneducated person who thinks miracles can happen over night, I am just finally completely fed up of my life as it is now. Thanks.

23 Replies

• Hi Sweetbroccoli

I think its a case of different strokes for different folks! And i guess it depends whether you are intending taking T3 only or adding a bit of T3 to the levo you are currently taking. I currently take 200mcg levo and have started to add 10mcg T3 but at the moment im not really noticing any difference, it could be that the 10mcg is such a low dose in comparison to 200mcg...i dont know, its all very experimental i feel, and what works for one doesnt necessarily work for someone else. i do believe low and slow though is the right way as T3 is much more powerful than levo. Hope you find the right combination and start to feel better soon.

• Thank you lc1973. It's so much different for each person, I guess only experimenting with ourselves can show us what is right for us? It seems to me that way.

• i think so sweetbroccoli but i do realise the temptation to go for it all guns blazing...or at least thats how i felt. Have you posted anywhere your latest blood test results and reference ranges for your thyroid?

• I started with t3 like this: one day I just took whole 25 mcg tablet of it (I also use Uni Pharma) and I took 100 mcg less of my thyroxine. I really feel so much better since the day 1 I started with t3. I am thinking of taking more of t3 in the future but I'll stay on this same dose for a bit longer and see.

• I think I'll do something similar. Don't want to go too fast, but I also can't live like this for much longer.

• I wish you all the best and hope things will improve for you same as they did for me :)

• Thank you food-ie. I started today the same way as you because I got tired of searching around for the answer. I am good, definitely warmer, I can feel that. The only different think I did is I took one half of tablet in the morning and the other in the afternoon.

• Just don't forget to check your temperature and pulse. I did that everyday when I started, now I just do this occasionally.

• I'm checking my pulse (it's fine) but I completely forgot about temperature. Thanks for reminding me :)

• Well, I guess pulse is most important. Don't really know why is temperature measured at all. At least in my case I think it was unnecessary.

• Sweetbroccoli, it will help members advise if you post recent thyroid results and ranges.

• my results: TSH 4.7, ft4 22 (12-24), ft3 3.5 (3.2-6.6).

• Sweetbroccoli, you are undermedicated to have TSH 4.7. FT4 is good but FT3 is low. I would stay on 250mcg Levothyroxine and add 12.5mcg T3 to raise FT3 and have a thyroid test in 6-8 weeks to check levels.

I am not a medical professional and this information is not intended to be a substitute for medical guidance from your own doctor. Please check with your personal physician before applying any of these suggestions.

• Oh, but I am now already on one tablet of T3 (25 mcg) and I am taking 150 mcg of T4 (so 100 mcg less). Would not want to cut down T3 now when I already started, should I maybe just add back 100 mcg of T4?

• Sweetbroccoli, 25mcg T3 is equivalent to 75mcg T4. I would add 50mcg T4 back in, not 100mcg.

I am not a medical professional and this information is not intended to be a substitute for medical guidance from your own doctor. Please check with your personal physician before applying any of these suggestions.

• Thanks, did it, took 50 mcg of T4 more this morning since I take all my levothyroxine in the morning and half of the T3 tablet in the morning and second half in the afternoon.

• I'm thinking of starting adding in t3 to Levo ,,,reading you post curious to how you are getting on ...do you feel any better and do you find it easy to buy without a prescription .Thanks Val 

• Hi Val-55. After 2 months I can say that I am really doing well. First I am not cold anymore, brain fog definitely improved. I have less headaches as well. I have more energy, earlier I was spending most of my days is bed, now I can do things, go out, I don't get tired so easily. This constant pain I had all over my body almost disappeared. I think I did the right thing with adding T3. Lately I started losing weight as well, not much but it's a start. It's not hard to buy T3 without prescription online. I am very satisfied with the supplier in Greece I ordered from, very nice people to deal with. If you want I can send you link.

• It's so good to hear that your condition is improving. I also ordered Uni Pharma, people are saying that it's the best T3 that is not expensive. I hope it will help me.

• Thank you Haribobear. Hope things will change for you and you will feel better soon as well :)

• Thanks. I got my order of T3 Uni  Pharma. I am so excited, I can't wait, I think I'll start tomorrow.

• Yes if you could p m me with the details Thankyou .I have been taking Levo for 10 years ...joint pain and severe lethargy ...Dr won't consider anything else apart from Levo .. Can you still get a blood test at the Dr ? 

Regards Val 

• Hi Val. I just sent you details on PM. My GP still don't know that I am taking T3, I still haven't seen him since I started self-medicating.

You may also like...