Could someone help me interpret my results please?

I posted on here a few weeks ago and got some really helpful replies, which I am really grateful for. Now I have some new blood results and need some advice please..

I have had a TT, and six weeks ago switched from 125mg T4 to 75mg T4 and 20 mg T3 taken in two daily doses. I made these changes gradually on the advice of my endo. The difference in the way I feel has been miraculous, I'd almost say I haven't felt this good since I had the TT 15 years ago.

So, this is my latest blood results and ranges:

Serum free T4 13.7 (10.5 - 26)

Serum TSH 0.04 (0.35 - 4,5) note says "outside reference range"

Serum free triiodothyronine 6.7 (3.9 - 6.8)

I get that my TSH being suppressed is not an issue now that I am on T3, but my free T3 is pretty high I guess. What do you amazing people who know all about this stuff think? I'm slowly educating myself after a particularly awful couple of years, and the peeps on here are an inspiration and a fount of knowledge....thanks for your time x

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • tiredtanya,

Your results are fine but I would go by how you feel as long as T3 is within range.

T4 and (even TSH to an extent) are meaning-less when medicating T3.

If you feel well and T3 results are within range, then stick with that dose.

You are medicating the same as me (except I have just raised mine ).

Watch for deficiencies in iron & nutrients, and cortisol as they can mess everything up (again! ).

Great you are feeling so WELL.

Flower.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and this information is not intended to be a substitute for medical guidance from your own doctor. Please check with your personal physician before applying any of these suggestions.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

• I totally agree with flower.

If you are feeling good and gave no signs of hyper then stick with it. You've may just have hit your sweet spot which I guess is what all of us here are aiming for.

The proof really is how you feel.

I'm glad you're feeling well. Wonderful.

• May I just ask what prompted your endo to suggest introducing the T3?

• Hi Joesmum,

I was hypo for a long time, culminating in a collapse over christmas which led me to seek out a private endo - best thing i ever did! its been a long long time that I have let myself be patronised and told what to do by doctors....

You may also like...