Lower cholesterol Hashimoto /Graves patients

Many thyroid patients post they have cholesterol levels which doctors want to prescribe statins to lower the level.

An alternative to investigate are the cholesterol products sold by Melaleuca - melaleuca.com

A friend went this route and her Dr. wanted to know what she changed in her eating, etc because her bad level dropped significantly in 3 months and her good level increased proportionately.

I am in the US and believe they ship outside the US. You can use the "contact us" to find out if they ship to your location.

3 Replies

• Trendfriendpa, Which product specifically helped your friend?

• There's no such thing as 'good' and 'bad' cholesterol. What they test is actually the protein carriers that transport the cholesterol round the body, not the cholesterol itself. So, how can a carier be good or bad? That's just the hypo they spount to seel their cholesterol-lowering products.

Why would one want to lower one's cholesterol, anyway? It's an essential nutrient. The body needs cholesterol. It's not the enemy, it doesn't cause heart attacks. That's just Big Pharma taking us for an expensive ride. Low cholesterol is far more likely to cause heart attacks.

Doctors are ignorant, and pimping for Big Pharma, doing their best to increase sales of statins and other cholesterol-lowering drugs. If we refuse the statins on the NHS, I can't imagine why we would want to pay out of our pockets for other products that do the same thing - mainly to the detriment of our health. Just getting a decent dose of thyroid hormone replacement would do the job, anyway.

• I have Hashimoto's since age 11. Now 47. Went on statins 5 years ago and they were making me very sick.

I switched to Naturethroid and removed dairy and grains from my diet. My cholesterol counts are all in normal range after being very high for 25 years.

You may also like...