Totally confused ;-/

Hi everyone,

I have an appointment with Endo today at 3.30pm. I had bloods done at my GP surgery on 2nd Feb and specifically asked for TSH, T4 and T3. They forgot to do T3 but gave me the following results:

TSH 0.01 mu/L range (0.27 - 4.20mu/L)

T4 24.3 pmol/L range (12.00 - 22.00pmol/L)

After querying why the T3 was not done, I ended up having it on 9th Feb as going away and they were going to fax all results to consultant (as am currently away from home - consultant is in different area). Anyway, they did fax results across as I checked this out earlier. This time they tested the T3, but also re-done the TSH and T4, so the results now show:

TSH 0.01 mu/L range (0.27 - 4.20mu/L)

T4 33.0 pmol/L range (12.00 - 22.00pmol/L)

T3 14.5 range (3.9 - 6.7) (I got these ones over the phone so dont know which pmol ect it should be, but the other two I had previously).

I am very unsure of how my T4 can increase by 10 in a space of 7 days. I definately dont have Graves and my results are usually quite consistent. I have been hypo since 2009. I am not sure what my T3 would have been on 2nd Feb, however, it has never been 14.5. Last result was 6 ish).

I am taking 125 thyroxine and 25 T3 (mexican - though am changing this because mexico stopped supplying 25mcg tabs - changing to UniPharma ones which I now have).

Does anyone know why my results have such a big change in a space of 7 days? I expect the consultant will do bloods again today at my appt later.

x

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Pinkgirl,

With both T4 & T3 over range you are over medicated.

How do you feel ?

Did you change from the mexican T3 to UniPharma just before or in-between the tests?

Flower

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………........................

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and this information is not intended to be a substitute for medical guidance from your own doctor. Please check with your personal physician before applying any of these suggestions.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................

• I feel a lot better, but was still taking the Mexican T3 25mcg as still have some left. I haven't started the Uni Pharma ones yet. Had my appointment with Endo and he said it the difference in readings was due to the times I had the blood tests. On one of the days the blood test was taken within 4 hours of me taking the medication and he said that it was down to that - the surgery had called me in straight away as the nurse did not do T3 blood test, even though I had asked her to do it. Endo has now changed my medication to 50mcg of thyroxine and 40mcg of T3 because I am doing better on T3, and this is with a veiw to me changing gradually to T3 only

• Pinkgirl10, you are overmedicating T4 and T3. FT4 is rising because you are continually topping it up at 125mcg daily. The combination you are taking is equivalent to 200mcg T4.

_______________________________________________________________________________

I am not a medical professional and this information is not intended to be a substitute for medical guidance from your own doctor. Please check with your personal physician before applying any of these suggestions.

• Had my appointment with Endo and he said the difference in readings was due to the times I had the blood tests. On one of the days the blood test was taken within 4 hours of me taking the medication and he said that it was down to that - the surgery had called me in straight away as the nurse did not do T3 blood test, even though I had asked her to do it. Endo has now changed my medication to 50mcg of thyroxine and 40mcg of T3 because I am doing better on T3, and this is with a veiw to me changing gradually to T3 only. He also said that I do need to get those levels down. I have now picked up a script today for the new amounts so will see how I get on with those

You may also like...