Anyone up for an Adventure?

Anyone up for an Adventure?

JOIN US IN A WORLD RECORD ATTEMPT!

On 11th June, Skyline, alongside Thyroid UK will be attempting to smash all previous records for skydiving. The aim is to complete the most tandem jumps in England in 24 hours… and we need your help!

Imagine yourself exiting from the door of an aircraft from over 2 and half miles up and freefalling at a speed of 120mph through the clouds, before gliding back down to your envious supporters on the ground below. Skydiving is an unbelievable and exhilarating rush like no other and with no experience required - it’s your opportunity to reach for the skies and be part of a World Record!

For this particular skydive you’ll be attached to a fully qualified instructor who controls your jump from start to finish; they will do all the hard work for you, allowing you to catch your breath and enjoy the ride!

Thyroid UK has booked 10 places at Sibson Airfield, Wansford, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, PE8 6NE

skydivesibson.co.uk/tandem-...

As long as you raise the minimum sponsorship level of £395 for your jump, you can recover both the cost of the booking deposit and the jump from your sponsorship money - which means you get to jump for FREE!

If you would be interested in taking part in this event and helping to raise funds for Thyroid UK please send me an email louise.warvill@thyroiduk.org

Louise

x

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I'm not brave enough for that I'm afraid! but I have so much respect for those who will be taking part and wish them the best of luck 😊

• .....and there was me Louise, imagining you all doing it over Clacton Airfield. I'll donate £100 to the cause. If you think I'm gonna fly from France and jump out an Airbus to join you, you've got another think coming :-))

For others to know here,who can't get to Cambridge and participate, can we make online charitable donations to this cause specifically for TUK. Also I think it would be a good idea to keep "The Jump" prominent on the Community after new year starts! Also please keep us ex-pats informed if it will be televised by Anglia or

Look East, if not nationally. I am tuned in to the Local region on my set top box and satdish and also follow Clacton, Frinton & Walton Times online, when I remember!

Every little Helps! S xx

If enough was raised, perhaps we could also get a new online petition going for the BMA to start making Doctors more aware of the need for better Thyroid and other adrenal blood testing!

• Got this reply...

We don’t have any plans for it to be televised, sometimes local TV contacts us about events a week or so before but we wouldn’t know until much closer to the time. With the event being spread across 8 locations though rather than a gathering at one location it is unlikely to be televised.

Thank you for offering to donate! :)

People can donate directly to Thyroid UK, or wait until the fundraising pages go live for the individual 'jumpers' and then sponsor one of them! :)

Thanks for your support.

xxxx

• I would love to do a para jump.. I don't think I would get an all clear with my spine now.

You may also like...