Thyroid energy

Hi everyone I'm new to this page so I'm just wondering if anyone can help me. My thyroid is underactive so now my doctor as upped the levythyroxine to 125mg. The problem is my weight as gone up nu 6 pounds in 3 weeks even though i feel slightly better in myself but not much. So now i have bought some tablets called now thyroid energy and i just wondered if they are safe to have as on the bottle it says to consult medical advice before taking. Thanks jo

Last edited by

3 Replies

• Welcome to the forum, Jo78.

You are getting 81% of iodine by weight from 125mcg Levothyroxine, plus iodine from your diet. In my opinion, the 225mcg iodine in 2 x Thyroid Energy capsules means you will have excessive intake of iodine.

Do you have thyroid results and ranges you can post for member advice and comment?

Ask your GP to test ferritin, vitamin D, B12 and folate. Low/deficient levels are common in hypothyroid patients and can cause musculoskeletal pain, fatigue and low mood similar to hypothyroid symptoms.

• Hi

I'm going back on Friday for some more blood tests so i will ask her to check for all the things you have said and i will have the results by Monday. So I'll post on here and see were we go from there. Thanks very much for that. They always just say your tablets needs upping and that's it no explanation . Thanks again clutter.

• Jo78, If thyroid is being tested don't take your Levothyroxine until after the blood draw. Post the results and ranges in a new question because updates can get overlooked.

It can take a while to become optimally dosed as dose increases are in 25mcg every few weeks to avoid causing shock to the body. If GP ups your dose it means your TSH is too high and FT4 too low ie you're undermedicated.

These links explain hypothyroidism:

You may also like...