I have been unable to obtain supplies of Liothyronine for some 8 weeks now and I feel bloody awful. I ache from head to foot. I am asleep most of the time. I had to come home from work last week as I felt so lousy. I fell asleep from 1.30pm until 5.50pm. Every evening I fall asleep on the sofa for several hours, get up, go to bed and wake in the morning feeling like I'm ready to get into bed not out of it. I struggle into work as I work for an agency and if I don't work I don't get paid.

My GP will not prescribe Liothyronine I feel so demented I don't know what to do with myself. I so miss a certain doctor who has now passed away. Any advice on good, caring endocrinologists in the Warwickshire/ West Midlands area gratefully received.

I desperately need to loose weight and can't shift anything.

3 Replies

• Hello HMH65,

Sorry to hear this. You need to get thyroid hormone replacement asap as the longer you leave it, the longer the recovery period.

There is a list of sympathetic doctors that members have had positive experiences with. You can email for a copy.

Hopefully there will be someone in your part of the country.

Why don't you approach your GP for Levothyroxine as an interim until you can source some T3?

• I'm already on Thyroxine 175mcg and have been for a long time. I was started on Liothyronine 2 years ago which has helped enormously but I can no longer get supplies and I feel so unwell.

• In order to try obtaining T3 you could either see a doctor from the list above or alternativlely post a new question asking members where they buy from abroad. Members will reply by private message to you.

You may also like...