Fibromyalgia Milton Keynes Support Group

Hello Everyone

I have had permission to say if anyone in the Milton Keynes area would like to join our free support group for Fibromyalgia you would be made to feel very welcome.

We offer love and support and even get together for Cake and Coffee. It is called FMMK I am Admin and Tracey Rayner is the owner of the group. We will message you once you ask to join to make sure you live local and that you have had or are going through a diagnosis of Fibro. We are not a selling site just a fun group that wants to give you love, understanding and answers to some of your questions that we have all gone through.

We do not give out medication dosages etc just personal opinions as you must always get proper medical advice on any health issue.

Hope this may help a few of you and look forward to meeting you xx

Dawn

15 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Dawn1, I'm sorry you've had no replies. You might want to post on FMA UK. Probably best to seek permission from the administrators first.

• Hi I have just been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and my doctor advised going to a support group. I would be interested in coming along one day if that would be ok?

Thanks

• Hi Ashleigh do you live in Milton Keynes??? if you do then through facebook please request to join Fibromyalgia Milton Keynes Support Group and i will happily add you xxx

• Hey Sent a request to fmmk support group a while ago but no one has responded yet. X

• Hi have you found a local support group?

• I can't find the group on FB...

• Hi Dawn,

My name is Lisa and I live in Milton Keynes.

I have recently been diagnosed with fibromyalgia but have suffered for over 4 years.

I am currently suffering a bad flare and am unable to go to work, walk or cook the dinner!!!

I would really love to join a 'sociable group' for tea, chat and cake! I am feeling very isolated and I don't know anyone else with this condition. 😕 Thanks, Lisa

• Hi, my name is Tracey and I also have fibro. Have you found a support group?

• Hi Lisa, my name is Sham and I also live in MK and have recently been diagnosed with CWP/fibromyalgia.

I've struggled with this for around 8 years always finding different things to blame it on such as the 'menopause' so just accepted it until recently as it has become unbearable at times. Like you this has caused me to feel isolated and forced me to take time off work but because I didn't know what was happening to me I was making things up which made me feel even worse as I questioned whether I was just being lazy.

I always feel like my body needs a good stretch so I've been doing callanettics which is very similar to Youga. I used to do these years ago to stay trim after having the kids so thought I'd give them a try. They've helped to improve the movement in my neck and joints and reduce the burning and tightness I feel in muscles. Im only able to do a few each day as it is painful I won't lie but it's so worth it afterwards for both my mind and body. I still struggle with fatigue and sleep disturbance but I'm yet to decide how I will manage this now that I know what's causing it as I'm avoiding taking an anti-depressant which is how they treat the condition.

I hope this has helped you in some way but please get in touch if you want to chat.

Sham x

• Hello I am Tracey the founder of FMMK.

Please search for FMMK FIBROMYALGIA SUPPORT GROUP, on facebook.

You will need to request to join, and I will contact you.

Kind regards Tracey

• Hi my name is Tracey and I have fibromyagony. I could really use some support from other fibro fighters :) is your group still meeting?

• Hello I am Tracey, the group founder, please search for FMMK MILTON KEYNES SUPPORT GROUP, on Facebook.

You will need to request to join and I will contact you.

Regards Tracey X

• The group is called MKFM Tracey Rayner is the owner of the group.

• Hi, I've recently been diagnosed with Chronic Widespread Pain /fibromyalgia and would like to attend your support group.

Regards

• Hello I am Tracey the founder of FMMK

Please search for FMMK FIBROMYALGIA SUPPORT GROUP, on Facebook.

You will need to request to join and then I will contact you.

Kind regards Tracey

You may also like...