Log in
Thyroid UK
93,367 members107,420 posts

Test results...could anyone take a look for me? X

Hi guys

Would it be possible for someone to cast their eye over my results? I would appreciate it greatly. Berlidders xx

Total Thyroxine T4. 64 nmol/L 59 - 154

TSH. *4.29 mIU/L 0.27 - 4.2

Free Thyroxine 12.2. pmol/l 12.0 - 22.0

Free T3. 4.4 pmol/l 3.1 - 6.8


Thyroid antibodies

Thyroglobulin antibody *449.5 IU/mL 0-115(negative)

Method used for Anti - Tg: Roche Modular

Thyroid peroxidase antibodies 5.0 IU/mL 0-34

Method used for Anti - TPO: Roche Modular

13 Replies

Free T4 and Free T3 far too low near bottom of the range

TSH way above around 1 which it will be in healthy people

Thyroid Antibodies

You have Hashimotos Hypothyroid

Vital that




Vit d3

are all tested and treated so that levels are all HALFWAY in their ranges as without that your body is totally unable to utilise levothyroxine treatment


Thank you!!

Had test 23rd June for:

Serum folate 7.6ug/l range 4.60-18.70ug/L

Serum vit D 133 nmol/L range 50.00-125.00 nmol/L

Having b12 test a week tomorrow. GP refuses to send me for Folate test citing it as a 'silly little test which tells us nothing'.


Berlidders, B12 and folate are co-dependant and work with each other. Your GP's opinion is ignorant.

Your folate 7.6 is a bit low, half way through range is better. Supplement a B Complex vitamin which has 100% RDA but wait until after your B12 blood test.

VitD 133 is in the optimal 75-200 range. No problems there and if you are supplementing D3 you can stop but supplement 2,500iu D3 during Oct-Apr when ultraviolet light is too low to stimulate vit D.


FERRITIN tells us everything and without it being halfway in range you cannot convert t4 in Levothyroxine into the T3 your cells are screaming for

theres plenty of research on google scholar to back this up


Thanks Clutter. My GP is so bloody ignorant it's infuriating! I'll wait for my b12 to come back & then look to supplement accordingly.

I stopped all supplements around a month ago so that all my tests came back with a true picture. I can barely wait to get back on them. I feel horrific.

I've stopped the Vit d for now, but ill be taking them back up in October. The sunshine vitamin is so important!

Thanks for looking my results xx


Berlidders, If you use the orange Reply tab the member you are replying to will be sent email and on-site notifications you have replied, otherwise replies may be missed.

You need to be off B12 for 4 months to get a baseline result. It takes that long for red blood cells to die off and renew.

If they are the first abnormal thyroid bloods you have had your GP may want to retest in 3 months to rule out non-thyroidal illness like a virus or infection which can cause raised TSH. Positive thyroglobulin antibodies means you have Hashimoto's so there is little doubt that is causing hypothyroidism. Hypothyroidism is usually treated by GPs in primary care but patients not responding to Levothyroxine treatment may be referred to specialists.

If your GP won't treat you after repeat tests are abnormal I would certainly recommend seeing another GP.




1 like

Ahhh I yes I see the reply button...thank you.

I'm currently having quarterly b12 injections so I imagine they will make the result not all together accurate.

I've had glandular fever in the last 12 weeks according to another blood test I had on the 29th June...is it possible that is affecting my result?

But like you say, the Hasimotos will have its effect so it's likely I will be under the care if my GP rather than an Endo. No harm in asking for a referral though I guess. I will test the water once I've had my b12 test.

Thanks again for your replies xx


Berlidders, Glandular fever is very likely to affect your thyroid levels but with Hashimoto's it is inevitable that your thyroid will eventually fail so there's no point in delaying treatment.

It's not uncommon to have pernicious anaemia (I assume that may be why you are B12 deficient) and Hashimoto's hypothyroidism.


Brilliant. I was hoping you would say that. I don't want to delay treatment. I'll head to my GP and if he ignores me private blood results then I'll see another doctor until I get listened to. I'll keep you posted. X


Berlidder, hopefully your GP will run his own thyroid tests if he won't accept the private ones.


He already told me he wouldn't run his own after my TSH test that he instructed came back 'normal' to him. We will see.


I can see my GP isn't going to want to even look at my private blood test results. I'm going to try and see if he will refer me to an endochronolgist....but what happens if he won't? Do I see another GP? X


Hi guys. Took my test results to the GP. He said he won't give me t4 until I show the same results again in 6 weeks?

He's given me a blood test form (all of a sudden I can get the full thyroid function test from him) to do in 6 weeks time.

Should I wait? Or see another doctor and ask for t4? I don't want to wait another 6 long weeks of feeling like shit. Xx


You may also like...