Blood Results are in- now taking NDT and T3

Background- Graves and have had RAI

Now taking T3- 12.5mcg and 1 1/2 grains of NDT (Thyroid S)

Just took a private blood test and these are the results with ranges

TSH - 0.01 (0.02-4.2)

T4 - 11.0. (12.0- 22.0)

T3 -5.4. (3.1-6.8)

Room for improvement or should I leave things alone. It's taken a long time to feel close to 'normal' again and don't want to go back to the drawing board. Apart from feeling a little cold, constipated and I hair falling out I feel OK.

Thank you for your responses.

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • SophiaR, If you left 24 hours between last dose and blood draw and you are still symtomatic there is room for a small increase as FT3 isn't quite in the top third of range. Either half a grain Thyroid-S or 6.25mcg T3.

• Thank you for responding Clutter. Yes I left 24 hours before drawing blood.

I will try raising the NDT and see how that goes.

The T4 being below range - is that something to be concerned about ? That should raise once I raise the NDT... Also the TSH which is suppressed already will that become undectable? Sorry I am getting a bit confused with all this as there are so many matters to look out for.

Thank you

• Sophia, TSH will go lower when you increase dose. TSH 0.75 is low, not suppressed. Suppressed is <0.04. Increasing dose by half a grain is unlikely to make TSH undetectable.

The T3 and T3 in NDT are why your FT4 is low. FT4 is a storage pro-hormone and high levels aren't needed for conversion when you are taking T3 orally. Increasing NDT won't necessarily increase your FT4.

• My TSH is 0.01.... So raising NDT could render my TSH undectable. Does that matter ?

I should not worry therefore and rely on T3 and T4 readings?

Thank you and I am very grateful for your help and direction Clutter.

Sophia

You may also like...