Thurs 9 April: West of Scotland Thyroid Support Group (Glasgow)

Thurs 9 April: West of Scotland Thyroid Support Group (Glasgow)

Hi everyone! I hope you all had a lovely Easter break.

Just to let you know that the next meeting of the West of Scotland Thyroid Support Group's Glasgow meeting will be on Thursday 9 April from 7pm to 9pm at Waitrose Café, Greenlaw Place, Newton Mearns G77 6GW.

We had a great meeting last month with a mixture of "old" and "new" faces.

Just turn up, grab a coffee (or whatever your preferred poison is) and locate us at the back of the café. We generally try to bagsie the comfy sofa!

Last edited by

16 Replies

• Hi, I wonder if you know if there's an Edinburgh thyroid group? Glasgow's a bit far for me to haul a$$!

• Hi Chancery, I think there is -- I'll try and find out some details.

• That would be great, thanks. It would be nice to vent with someone face to face, especially after doctor visits. Mine's are getting to be like warfare!

• I know just what you mean! Okay, there is a meeting this Thursday, 16 April. Are you on Facebook? This is the page of the West Lothian Thyroid Support Group, that was inactive for several months recently, but under new leadership has got going again:

• Many thanks, SB. Unfortunately this is well outside the city, nearer Livingston actually. I don't have a car so doing this by bus - if it's possible at all - would be a bit of a nightmare. I'm going to have to wait till someone starts a city one, but thanks for taking the time to find out about this for me. I really do appreciate it. If you do hear of a city one I'd be grateful for a heads up. Thanks again. X

• just had half thyroid removal, pls give me details s

• Hi, sorry to hear about your op. The West of Scotland Thyroid Support Group meets every second Thursday of each month from 7pm to 9pm in the café of Waitrose in Newton Mearns. The next meeting will be on Thursday 8 October. I'll post something nearer the time. Hope to see you there.

• Hi. Is the group meeting in Newton Mearns this month? I'd really like to come along :)

• Hi Kerry,

Yes, we will be meeting on Thursday 14 May from 7pm to 9pm at Waitrose Café, Greenlaw Place, Newton Mearns G77 6GW. I hope you can make it and look forward to meeting you.

• Perfect! Thank you and I look forward to meeting some fellow brain forgers too x

• *foggers even.....

• :-)

• Hi there,

Is there another support group in Glasgow that's not as far out?

Thanks x

• Hi Kittenmittens,

We are planning to set up a group in Milngavie soon, but apart from the Kilmarnock group meeting in Lugton, I'm afraid that seems to be it for Glasgow at the moment :-(

• Milngavie may be a bit easier for me to get to (I don't drive so relying on public transport). Would you be able to let me know somehow if/when that's going ahead? Or should I just keep checking on this page? I could really do with some folks to chat to about this x

• No problem, honey, I'll send you a PM :-)

You may also like...