Stuck in limbo and in need of advice


my name is Paola, I have recently joined HealthUnlocked, I have been suffering from hypothyroidism since I was a teenager, (I am now 49), and I would like to ask if anyone can recommend an endocrinologist in Derby. I am prepared to go private, by now I have given up on the NHS endocrinologist.

I am so utterly drained and fed up trying to feel better, while this condition has ruled and quite ruined my life, not to mention having to listen to my GP saying that according to the blood test, all "is well and within the norm".

Any suggestion-advice would be most appreciated!

Many thanks,


5 Replies

  • firstly request copies of all your blood tests from the GP ...your legally entitled to them

    then request


    Free t4

    Free T3




    Vit D3

    with all of those inc reference ranges and your symptoms etc we should be able to help

    Its no good your GP saying your results are OK

    you need the actual figures therews far more to getting well with hypo than your GP or majority of Endos either NHS or private have a clue about

    Save your money for nessecary vitaminsm meds etc that we will advise on

  • Thank you so very much for your quick reply and enclosed advice, I much appreciate it. As soon as I have the necessary data and the latest full blood test results I will be in touch.

    Again, many thanks!

  • I think watching this will help you and know you are not alone with your complaints about the care you are receiving. We all agree including this expert.

  • PaolaDe

    if you go onto Thyroiduk group they have a list of Endo's all over UK.

    I hope this helps

    Telephone us on:

    01255 820407

    (The office is generally, but not always, manned

    from 10.00am to 2.30pm, Monday to Friday)

  • Thank you Stormx and Heloise so very much for taking the time to reply and enclose your advice!

You may also like...