Please could someone help with blood results versus symptoms - thanks

Hi

I recently posted as my symptoms have been getting me down for ages - butterflies in my stomach, loose bowels, achy joints, fatigue. I was advised to post my latest blood results so here they are:

26/7/13: Free T3 - 6.3 pmol/L; Free T4 - 15.5 pmol/L

21/1/14: TSH - 1.9 miu/L

15/10/14: TSH - 3.0 miu/L

I was on 100mcg Levo and 20mcg Lio (taken in 2x10mcg doses) daily. Since my latest TSH my GP has put my Levo dose up to 125mcg. I have also started taking a multivitamin and vastly reduced my caffeine intake since about a month ago

Does anyone have any thoughts on whether my symptoms might be related to my thyroid issues at all and what can I do to try and improve my symptoms. Many thanks for any advice offered.

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • here are the ranges for the different blood test in case they are needed: T3 range 3.9 - 6.8, T4 10.5 - 26, TSH range 0.35 - 4.5. Thanks

• Sounds to me like there may be other factors at play here

coeliac disease

food allergies

use of aluminium or non stick cookware

water supply treated with aluminium or flouride

• Pink_Campion, I think your symptoms were due to thyroid being undermedicated and you should feel improvement on the increased dose.

TSH of people on medication is usually comfortable just above or below 1.0. Scroll down to Guidelines and Treatment Options to read Dr. A. Toft's comments in Pulse Magazine thyroiduk.org.uk/tuk/about_... If you want a copy of the article to show your GP email louise.warvill@thyroiduk.org.uk

Ask your GP to test ferritin, vitamin D, B12 and folate as hypothyroid patients are often deficient/low and these deficiencies can cause musculoskeletal pain, fatigue and low mood similar to hypothyroid symptoms. Post your results with the lab ref ranges (the figures in brackets after your results) in a new question and members will advise whether supplementation is required.

You may also like...