NDT Self Medication.. Pregnancy.. :|

Me again.. Hehe I have a very curious question that has been on my mind for a while now. Has anyone ever self medicated with NDT through pregnancy..? Just Curious as I can find nothing about it through research and it really got me thinking. I would love to just sod off all these gp's & self medicate to see if I feel better, but then I have a dilemma :( my partner and I would love more children but I have no knowledge of self medicating and pregnancy.. Im at risk if I'm undiagnosed as can cause serious problems and I'm at risk if I treat myself to as don't know what will happen and docs won't monitor properly and closer during pregnancy I'm really stuck on what to do. We're holding off until I can get somewhere with docs atm but I don't want to be waiting possibly years.. :| I feel I have had to put my life on hold for this and I really don't want to. Any advice/experience appreciated, so curious about what people do in that situation.Thanks :) x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • JadeElise, NICE recommend TSH should be in the low normal range 0.4-2.0 in women planning to conceive and newly pregnant.

cks.nice.org.uk/hypothyroid...

You recently posted that your TSH is 1.45 so you are already in the low normal range. You should advise your GP that you are planning to conceive and s/he can monitor your thyroid levels if necessary.

If you need thyroid hormone replacement it isn't important whether you take Levothyroxine, Liothyronine (T3) or NDT.

You may also like...