What Blood Test do i need?

Hello all :) after being refused T3 from GP i now self medicate... i was on 125mcg of Levo and still had usual symptoms, brain fog, tired, could get my words out, low body temp etc etc... i now take 25mcg of Levo and 75mcg of Tiromel.... i feel a tremendous difference, still jumble words at times but not like i used to. I have an appointment next week at the GP and i am going to ask for blood tests, as i have been on this regime about six months, what shall i ask for as they only used to test T4, this test will now be useless as T4 will show low...

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Your TSH may well be suppressed, as well as T4 being low. Your GP may well throw a fit about this and may jump to the conclusion you are hyperthyroid or perhaps, if they are particularly well clued-up (that's a joke, by the way) they may think you have secondary hypothyroidism and a pituitary problem. So be prepared with everything he/she needs to know about the pattern of blood tests you are likely to present with.

As for the blood tests you need - in an ideal world you would have TSH, Free T3, Free T4 and thyroid antibodies done. But I wouldn't be at all surprised if all you got was TSH with the possible addition of Free T4.

• Thank you for replying.... you are absolutely right with the joke tho lol

You may also like...