Hit the Wall today

Spent yesterday doing lots of things, feeling good, did a lot physically. Today, I just cannot move. Can hardly hold my head up on my shoulders. On the plus side, I managed to walk to the GP surgery (100 yards up the road, LOL) and got a form for a new blood test. I asked for T3, but I don't think there is an option on there for it. He has ticked for antibodies though, and Ferritin and Iron as well as B12.

My last results were

TSH , 0.02 miu/L (0.25 - 4) - Below low reference limit.

Serum Free T4 level 23 pmol/L (12.0 - 22.0) (Notes say Suppressed TSH, FT4 at upper limit of reference range. Thyroxine replacement may be marginally excessive. Above high reference limit.)

FBC 11.1 10*9/L (4.0-13.0)

Total WBC 138 g/L (15.0-165.0)

Hb 4.53 10*12/L (3.9-5.6)

Platelet 248 10*9/L (150.0 - 500.0)

There are other blood related ones - if any are relevant to thyroid I can post them.

B12 - 417 ng/L (150.0 - 99999.0)

Folate - 16.3 ug/L (4.6 - 18.7)

It's the B12 that looks obviously low to me although of course the GP says all are "normal". They're all within range, but we all know that's a different thing.

Any comments?

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Repeat your request for FT3 test in view of your elevated FT4 and suppressed TSH before agreeing to a reduction in meds. GP should cite the above reasons on the bloods form when requesting FT3. It's possible that you aren't converting T4 to T3 adequately and only the FT3 test will demonstrate this. If your FT3 is below or low in range your Gp should consider adding T3 (Liothyronine) to your T4 meds.

If you've been inactive for a while you need to pace yourself otherwise you'll hit fatigue/exhaustion walls after a good day. I really need to rest for an hour after an hour of activity otherwise I'm wiped out. It's necessary to rebuild energy and stamina after illness.

• Thanks, Clutter. That is my feeling too. I have an endo appointment in 3 weeks, I wanted to do another test before then now that I have reduced (again). My husband came home last night and asked if I'd been taking the multi-vitamins that I'd bought for him (and that he didn't get on with) and I had. He said to stop taking them immediately, as they have Gingko in and can have that effect on some people (most have the reverse effect!) and especially since people who have had breast cancer (or uterine) shouldn't take it anyway apparently. Live and learn!

You may also like...