Fundraising with Alan the Ali Man

Hi All

The lovely Alan Gardner has offered to help us with another fundraising drive! :)

He collects aluminium in his garden, sells it for scrap and then gives Thyroid UK the money! :)

The idea this time, is that people pay £1 to guess the weight in KG of the scrap he has collected.

If someone gets the weight EXACTLY right, then Alan has very kindly offered to give a prize to that person of the same amount! Guesses in WHOLE KG only please!

Alan is estimating 120 - 250 kg.

If no one gets it spot on, Alan has offered to give a prize of 50% of the amount to the person who gets nearest, without going over and 50% to TUK.

EG:

Scrap raises £100.

You guess the EXACT weight - Alan will give you £100

You guess nearest, without going over - Alan will give you £50 and TUK £50

Thyroid UK gets the £1 entries and the value of the scrap.

If more than one person guesses right or nearest, they will share the prize money.

If anyone would like to get involved with Alan's unique fundraising idea - please do one of the following:

Drop a cheque (payable to Thyroid UK) for £1 in the post with a note with your name, address, email/phone number and your guess in KG

32 Darcy Road, St Osyth, Clacton on Sea, Essex, CO16 8QF

OR

Drop me an email with the same details and ALI GUESS in the subject and I will send you a Paypal payment request.

louise.warvill@thyroiduk.org

The closing date for guesses is 24th Oct 2014. The winner(s) will be notified during the first week of November.

Why not have a go and help to raise funds for Thyroid UK!?

As usual, a HUGE THANK YOU to Alan for his generosity. :)

Louise

x

Last edited by

22 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Brilliant idea! I forgive you both for keeping me in suspenders and will email as requested.

• Brill! :)

Thanks! :)

xxx

• ALSO JUST REMEMBER THAT IF YOU SEND A £ 1 COIN IN AN ENVELOPE ----- some people are not super -highway[ like me ] ....with your guesstimate YOU WILL RECIEVE THE WINNINGS [ if you win you will get the cash == not a cheque or other forms of payment ] IN COLD HARD NOTES OF THE REALM ......LOUISE & LYN ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO OPENING ALL THE LETTERS ---- such a hard life they have [[ yuk's ]].....lets all get behind this ......it could be fun for all ...!!!!!!

• Please note - Thyroid UK (and Alan) cannot be held responsible for cash getting lost in the post....!

L

x

• Can we guess more than once? Obviously with a pound for each guess :-)

• hi harry , yes you most certainly can have as many guesses as you wish to ------ the more the merrier---- it will be somewhere between 120 - 250 kgs [ my approximation ] .......alan xx

• Alan!!!! Don't give it away! LOL! ;)

• Of course! :) x

• We've had a guess!!! :)

168.2KG

Does anyone think that they can get closer.....!?!?

L

x

• EXACT KILOGRAMES ONLY PLEASE ....... AS THIS IS HOW THE SCRAPPY WEIGHS & PAYS ......[ the above guestimate will be presumed as 168 kgs for the purposes of the comp ]....alan

• OK - thanks Alan! :) xx

• onwards and upwards !!!!!

• hi there big 'L' ....btw how's likal 'L' ..... just received copy of 'harmony' .... I'm overwhelmed with the personal plaudits -----but 1 concern is that its stated that my guesstimation is 150-250 kgs ..[ I said 120-250 ] ==== your losing 30 kilos of guesses ..... mega yuks from me [ typical women cant get the facts correct ] ---- I told you I had a weird humour ..... even bigger yuks [ I've got to pick meself up from the floor now ] ......... hope you all enjoyed your busy hour earlier in the week and had lots of tea & toast [ don't forget if your good at that you might get extra brownie points ==== and possibly a 'BLUE PETER BADGE ' ==== ] ....I do love a giggle at times .........just remember to think of what next years promotion of the cans can be .......alan xxxx

• Hey ho! oops! ;)

• sorry for the delay in responding .... but I've just managed to get up from the floor .... I presume with your reply you sent it from the back of the HORSE [ HEY HO ] ..... onwards and upwards we go .... you didn't tell me how likal 'L' is ==== or If she makes a luverly cuppa & toast yet ????------ we will get there eventually .....alan xxx

• Guesses so far......!

That's £10 raised!

Do you think you can get closer to the right amount than these people...!? You could win some money! :) See above for details.... xx

• Make that £15! :)

Guesses are now....

ooo, 140 seems popular... maybe they know something we don't...! ;) xx

• as I don't know [ apart from the rough amount at any time ] ....no-one including me will know until the final weigh in .....and I'm not allowed to go in for the comp -----or give anyone inside info ---- that's what makes it so much fun !!!!!

• LOL! xxx

• I'm sure I can so I've finally sorted out my PP password and submitted my guesses, sorry for the delay.

• No worries! :) xx

• Guesses are now.........

£17 raised so far! :)

Guesses still being accepted....! :)

You may also like...