I'll Bullet point this, as it will be easier I thnk.
- Diagnosed on 2004 wth Hypo. Put onto 50mcg levo.
- Had typical symptoms for years. Very tired, intolerance to heat and cold, sleep issues, brain fog, lack of memory, low confidence, dry skin, couldnt lose weight etc...
- Put on 50mg of setraline due depression spells and anxiety.
After years of trying to figure out what was wrong I discover this site!
Went to docs for blood test in September out of interest. Note: NHS Fife, Scotland.
TSH 1.57 (0.5-3.9 mU/L)
FT4 13 (10-19 pmol/L)
-Decided to up my meds after research to 100mcg, didnt tell the doctor either.
- For about 2 months on 100mcg I started to feel "normal" for once.
TSH 0.6 (0.5-3.9 mU/L)
FT4 19 (10-19 pmol/L)
FT3 5.69 (3.3-5.2 pmol/L) Anti Thy. Perox. <28 IU/mL (0-60)
Antibodies <0.9 U/L (0-1.6)
- Able to relax, sleep better, had "focus", clarity of mind, more energised.
- Thought I had turned the corner, then over 2 weeks back to rubbish feeling.
- Decided again to up my meds to 125mcg in mid November, told the doctor this time. She wasnt happy and told me to "be careful". Due to heart risks etc..
- Symptoms this time are: flu like symptoms, yuk taste in mouth, strange "wooshy" sensation when i move my eyes from side to side quickly. all over body sweats, taking a while to fall asleep, on the go!, still have focus issues, lack of memory....
- Doctor states " Nothing else I can do now" and she doubts Thyroid UK, I even went in with my info pack!
- I have the docs in January for more tests. This time B12 will be included.
Questions I ask myself now.
Have I gone to far with upping my meds?
Am I still Hypo or even towards Hyper?
Should I drop to 75mcg or stick it out with 125mcg?