What vitamins/minerals can I take in addition to taking 75mg of Levothyroxine

I discovered from my doctor today that my thyroid is mildly inflammed. I have been told to stay on same dose but to go to the surgery when symptons appear. I am already starting to get a few but its not at the stage where I need help yet. I have itchy ears, little bit light headed, huge appetite therefore putting on weight and a knotted feeling in my neck which I believe is all sympomatic of thyroid issues. What natural stuff can I take to help without going back to doctor to increase dosage?

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I hope this link will help. If you do go onto thyroid gland medication, you must take supplements 4 hours afterwards.

thyroiduk.org.uk/tuk/treatm...

If supplementing with B12 (you should have a blood test first) purchase methylcobalamin and not cyannocobalamin. Also have a blood test for Vit D. as both are usually deficient in hypothyroidism.

• Thank you for taking the time to respond.

• You could try Nutri's 'Thyro Complex'. Which is a mutlivitamin & mineral that contains all the nutrients to help support thyroid function.

• Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. I will see if I can get this.

You may also like...