Best Solution For Hair Loss?

Hey, can anybody help me in finding best solution for hail loss. I found one of the articles medstorerx.com/generic-mino... , which explain about Generic Minoxidil. Does anyone have idea about this solution and how far it is successful?

This article explains that the medicine treats the hair thinning problem for both men and women. Can anyone suggest me whether this treatment if best to opt for?

14 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Alvis,

You haven't given a profile so I don't know whether or not your have a thyroid gland problem. If you are on medication or not.

If you are hypothyroid, hair loss can be a side effect of levothyroxine.

This is a link:-

thyroid.about.com/cs/hairlo...

See your GP and ask his advice. I was given a scalp lotion Dermovate scalp Lotiom - it stopped hair shedding. You cannot use it longer than 6 weeks. I only used it for four. You have to be extremely careful and sparing in use.

drugs.com/cons/dermovate-sc...

• thanks for sharing this link... I've been telling this to my Dr that maybe it is the levothyroxine but they just disregarded it at least now I can show them this article.....

• Hi Alvin. I have hair loss too due to hypothyroid but haven't tried any of the Minoxidil based products. I have seen another product advertised recently called Har Vokse but again not tried it so can't vouch for it. Hope you find something suitable :)

• I have not replied to anybody before so am not sure if I am doing it right.

My hair has gone extremely thin and sparse and I have an underactive thyroid and am on 125 mcg. thyroxine but my hair seems to be getting worse. I thought about trying Nourkrin tablets, but am not sure if they do the trick or not.

Have you heard of them? Sorry I do not know anything else to help.

Marguerite9

• I have not replied to anybody before so am not sure if I am doing it right. My hair has gone extremely thin and sparse and I have an underactive thyroid and am on 125 mcg. thyroxine but my hair seems to be getting worse. I thought about trying Nourkrin tablets, but am not sure if they do the trick or not. Have you heard of them? sorry I do not know of anyting else to help you.

Marguerite9

• Mine gets stronger and more grows back when my ferritin levels are better. Within 3 weeks of taking iron tablets my hair stopped falling out so much. Get your ferritin levels checked.

Hair loss has been the most upsetting side effect of hypothyroidism for me. The other horrible things I can live with but not hair loss. It's devastating and upsetting. I hope you manage to find something to help you. Ali

• tell me about it been so upset regarding the hair loss issue for three years now and I am on iron tablets and the level has improved but not the hair issue yet.... :( don't know what else to do anymore...

It is really devastating the hair issue trust me I know... mine has gone thinner and been so upset about it and so far it hasn't grown or gone back to thicker etc....even changed diet and so on and to be honest I hate being hypo thyroid... would have rather stayed hyper at least there weren't this many complications...

• the only solution that I am aware of (not tested though as too expensive and doesn't cover under NHS either) is REGAIN which the dr mentioned

• I think I read somewhere, might have been a Ben Goldacre Bad Science article, that the quantities of Minoxidil in the things you get from the chemist are so small as to be ineffective.

• This is a link from Stopthethyroidmadness re hair loss. I believe it is the owner's personal story.

stopthethyroidmadness.com/l...

• Thankyou for trying to help me re hair loss. My hair is not falling out but just thin and very sparse and is getting worse. I will try to have a chat with my GP but this is National Health and not Private, so I do not know if he will help me any further than giving me the 125 mcg. thyroxine that i am taking. I do appreciate your help and thank you very much. Marguerite9

• thankyou for your help re hair loss.My hair is not falling out but is terribly thin and sparse and is getting worse. I am on 125 mcg thyroxine and this is from a National Health GP, so therefore, I do not think he is going to help me any further but I will try to have a chat with him. A big thanks again for trying to help me. It is much appreciated that somebody cares. Marguerite9

• I became hypothyroid at one point during my block and replace for Graves Disease

(hyperthyroid) I lost loads of hair, one year on after my levo was gradually increased and I have become euthyroid and it has stopped falling out. My nails were also in an awful state and were terribly painful and that has been sorted out too.

Once you get things balanced hopefully your hair will stop falling out. Mine seems to be growing back in too, I can see shorter hair coming through and as it wasn't breaking off I can only think the shorter hair is new growth.

Liz

• I take evening primrose oil which has helped a bit but my hair is still a shadow of its former self :-( When I first started taking 25mcg Levo a couple of weeks ago I really felt I could feel a difference but now on 50mcg I'm back to bad hair days.

You may also like...