Blood Testing

I finally had a conversation with my GP today. In cornwall they dont do T3/T4 testing as standard. As in my previous question my last blood test showed my TSH was 0.045 on 100mg thyroxine. i have had to wait for the GP to speak to an endo (who I have never met) who wants me to have the following blood tests done. Morning Cortisol, prolactic, Pituatary Function...but still no T3 until they have these results...what does it all mean? Worried now..

4 Replies

• It means that they are checking all other angles before doing a FT4 or FT3 test. All the above can either effect your TSH results or the way your thyroid meds are working so the endo is doing a thorough check before he gets into the FT3 minefield - which I don't think even many endo's even understand properly.

Moggie x

• p.s. sorry should have said that endo's don't necessarily understand FT3 testing when you are actually on thyroid meds and also you shouldn't worry as the endo is doing tests that a lot of others on here would be grateful for and they could possibly find the answers your GP is looking for.

Moggie x

• Thank you so much for the reply...Feeling happier now will let you know how I get on and will post the results when I get them xxxx

• Hiya, I'm also in Cornwall! Have sent you a message :) Mx

You may also like...