Thyroid UK
82,875 members97,900 posts

Could you suggest a good Endocrinologist in London or thereabouts?


Can someone help? My T4 results have been high for a very long time but my Dr always passes me off with "no action". She also has not done a T3 test so I'm not sure what my problem is. On top, I have high ferritin levels but with normal serum iron, indicating inflammation, which I think is related but again I'm not sure. Mostly I need the name of a good Endocrinologist, then to ask my Dr to refer me for an ultrasound of my thyroid to see what the damage is. I was diagnosed hypothyroid in 2009 and take 75mg daily. Any advice or wisdom would be appreciated.

2 Replies

Drop me an email




you have to insist that your gp refers you to a specialist department-- then if your not happy with treatment/consultant request through the ' choose and book system' ----which is your right under nhs rules----- we have been refered to barts ......I have nothing but praise for them so far......they have over-ridden the lab and insisted on ALL tests being carried out on bloods ALL the time ........and so far this has been done every week [ barts was our own choice -- after some research ]


You may also like...