Thyroid UK
82,659 members97,698 posts

UPDATE - I've been on T3 for 5 days now - from Tues 21 May @ 5mcg in the morning

and the effect was immediate. I felt completely calm and in control, My mind cleared and my thoughts became clearer too, not the jumbled mess that has been the norm for so many years! I can't believe the instantaneous effect that this has had on my mind and general well-being. Although the past 13 years have been a living hell and those years are a blur I'm just so happy now. I've had a complete personality change, I'm more myself again. Even my partner has noticed the difference in just 5 DAYS! However, since yesterday, I've felt rather light-headed, that feeling of unrealness (if you know what I mean?), tummy has butterflies/anxiety, and I've got a bit of a headache. Should I drop the dose again to say 2.5 mcg per day do you think or give it a few more days?

Thank you

Naomi

4 Replies
oldestnewest

Are you only taking T3 or do you take T4 as well?

I'm taking T4 as well, 125mcg

I'm in the process of going from taking thyroxine to taking natural desiccated thyroid and my doctor says people usually need to take a little time to adjust to each increase in dose. As long as you're not feeling too dreadful, I'd stick with this dose and give it a bit more time to see if you get used to it.

I think that's what I have decided to do. As you are changing from thyroxine only to taking NDT instead, how are you doing this? Are you coming off thyroxine altogether and then after a period going on to NDT?

You may also like...