Sore Hips

Hi everyone its me again, I was just wondering if its normal to have sore hips, I am on 200mcg of levothyroxine and I walk every day, do zumba twice a week if I can have been doing this for a while now and have shifted nearly a stone in weight which I am pleased about but I still have sore hips and it hurts when I walk but I wont give up the walking or the zumba I'm hoping that in time all the aches will go away but am I hoping too much or am I doing too much, not too sure which.

Any ideas.

Tina

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Tina, I have Graves and my hips are terrible most of the time. It feels like they might jump out of their sockets and they just ache especially when I have been sitting for a while - like in the car - then get up and try to walk it feels they really strange doesn't so much hurt as feel really difficult to get moving and I think anyone looking must think I look a bit odd.. I have had awful low backache too but that seems to have iproved recently so I am hoping the hips improve too. I still do Pilates, go to the gym and walk though although I am very kind to myself and dont go mad. I am only on 75 mcg levothyroxine at the moment - I started on 50 and went up last week but I don't think the increase has made any difference to my hips.

Hopefully your sore hips will pass, so many things seem to come and go - or they do with me.

Liz x

• Hi, I have Hashimotos and incredibly sore bones generally but my hips and legs suffer the most. I've just seen an Endo who thinks it's down to my Vitamin D deficiency as opposed to the Hashis. So if you haven't already perhaps you could get your Vitamin D levels checked. I do hope you get some relief soon.

Ali x

• Hi Make sure you have had a vit D ( hormonal) test and if low corrected calcium.Are you sure you have had the FT3 tested. Graves I know is very complicated, but at one time different t types of Hypo and Hyper were not known, however with the correct tests and drugs, they usually got better.

Best wishes,

Jackie

You may also like...