Burning Sensation (Little to much TMI) - IBS Network

IBS Network
28,461 members9,849 posts

Burning Sensation (Little to much TMI)

H256
H256

OK.. so i am going to apologise in advanced for this as some people may find it TMI!!

Does anyone else get burning after going to the loo no matter if its a Solid stool, Watering, Squishy etc?

I am suffering with this alot lately and just wondering if anyone else has this, I am still in the process of getting a diagnosis to determing IBS/IBD

7 Replies
oldestnewest

That is what this forum is here for. Talking about bowel movements, discomfort, constipation, etc. It's going to be a sensitive nature. Like Gastros we have heard it all..(at least I have)..so I don't think your post is TMI. Yes, I too have this. When we have loose-semi hard movements, it usually does burn, due to bile secretion or maybe something spicy we may have had. I put a little petroleum jelly to act as a barrier/ shield between anus and stool to stop or prevent burning. Also Anusol or Proctosol is very soothing as well. Many times it is do to external hemmorhoids/swollen and irritated veins..but if it is very painful, it may be a small crack commonly known as Anal fissure, which should be checked out by Gastro. I don't normally go to Doctors because I find they don't know much about intestinal disorders and discomfort and will only refer you to gastro or colon surgeon. I also use medicated "Tucks wipes" after each movement and warm wet toilet paper, because wiping constantly with dry to only further irritate the sensitive area. Or baby wipes to thoroughly clean the area and they are very soothing.

b1b1b1
b1b1b1
in reply to Eliana5

Especially, as Eliana says, use the medicated wipes, and wipe thoroughly. This is very important.

H256
H256
in reply to b1b1b1

Thank you

H256
H256
in reply to Eliana5

Hi thank you for this!! It’s a help knowing this forum is here as the DRs are useless, I am waiting my referral to the gastro to determine whether Ibs or ibd- feel like it will be a long wait!!

I think I wanna lol definitely try this especially the wipes!! I don’t eat anything spicy but will Defo mention to the gastro team, it’s not overly painful just more like a burning which is hard to explain but thank you all the advice is needed to try cope so I really appreciate it

Eliana5
Eliana5
in reply to H256

You are welcome. I am glad this helps. Keep us posted on what your gastro says..☺

yup ..it comes with the miserable ibs package because either Diahrrea or constipation can cause anal fissure which i had and still have burning me with every BM ..get used to it actually ..it was diagnosed by a general surgeon and was really inflamed ..she referred me to a Dermatologist who prescribed anti fungal 10 days course " tablets " and Lotriderm cream " turned out i had fungus not bacterial infection " from the second pill i felt so relieved and by the end of the course the symptoms disappeared ..and i stayed like this in remission for around 4 to 5 years ..then my ibs became worse with daily diahrrea and suddenly the fissure opened again and started its burning itchy sensation 😓 but now with my sensitive gut i can't take these miracle anti fungal pills coz they give me diahrrea !! so now i just stick to my anti fungal cream after each BM which works only temporarily until my next bathroom trip .

i hope you get it checked out so that you can tackle any infection in its early stages before it affects the sphincter " anal " muscle which can lead to weak control if it progressed .

H256
H256
in reply to Eternity78

Hi thanks for this, I’m glad that I am not alone in a way but it’s not nice for anyone to go through, I would love a final diagnosis but I’ve been told it could be weeks before I get an appt with the gastro so i don’t think I will get one anytime soon, just want to get a diagnosis so I can start working on controlling it as st the moment I’m trying things I’ve read & have no clue if it’s right for me but been told I cannot take anything other than paracetamol incase it worsens things etc it’s soo frustrating all I want is to get things under control & try life a normal life as at the moment I’m scared to eat out, go out for girls nights & the girls are saying I’m being a crap friend and saying I’m using this as an excuse

You may also like...