Panic: Hey! So I’ve finished work for 6 weeks (I... - IBS Network

IBS Network
29,919 members10,332 posts

Panic

Kate8433
Kate8433

Hey!

So I’ve finished work for 6 weeks (I’m a teacher) and panic is setting in. I’m worried I’ll have too much thinking time and back to square one again. I wish there was a cure for the way I think. I don’t wanna study my stools anymore and think that every red bit I see is blood, it could be food I’ve eaten like tomatoes or something. Has anyone got an tips on how to help the worry? I just want my ibs to do one now. This time last year I spent my whole summer thinking it was cancer of the colon. Don’t want to be thinking like this again

3 Replies
oldestnewest

It may be hemmoroids. If, however you see blood in your stool, you should get it checked by a gastroenterologist. This would relieve your anxiety.

I know exactly the feeling you describe. Been like that for ever. ( about 50yrs ). I even do have piles and get bleeding sometimes, despite that I worry every time ! Cant seem to stop the worry .

Not any real help , other than to say that logically , if you have felt panic about it for a long time and nothing more has actually happened then it is probably just exactly that --panic ,fear -- just the joy of IBS. You are not alone .

Will1234

Alun001
Alun001
in reply to Will1234

Good reply!

Changing mindset is such a battle.

Peace

You may also like...