IBS Network
20,588 members7,010 posts

Has anyone had success with Linzess?

I am nervous about taking this medication. Have not seen the most positive reviews on it. But, I need to get off Senna-Lax. Have been on it way too long, but it's the only thing that works, as my IBS-C is Very chronic and severe. Recent colonoscopy showed no problems, 2 polyps..non cancerous. Gastro did not give me "diagnosis" other than "IBS" and said "more fiber, water"..which I have already tried in just about every food and fiber supplement, but Fiber does not work for me. I drink lots of water, exercise 5 days a week. He put me on Linzess 290 and it was a disaster. I have to go to Mandatory groups, and I was having loose stools all day. If we miss groups 5 times, we lose our housing. (I live in a home where people are on SSDI disability)..rent is subsidized, but lots of rules and have to attend groups. Gastro never available when I called with questions..co-pay too high to make office visits with him..which he probably would have dismissed me again. Nurses never knew answers when I called in, about adding digestive enzyme or magnesium to help. They would always have to page him at hospital and said they would get back to me by end of day which they never did. Found another Gastro and went to him last week and he was worse than the first one. He has just one nurse who is very rude on phone. He put me on Linzess even though I told him it did not help. He said try again, and to break the capsule open and Put the contents in water..so now looking for another Gastro..I don't know what to do. Tired of getting dismissed, ignored, being rude too, uncaring nurses, gastros, etc. Just wondering if anyone on Linzess and if any success. Thanks for reading.

5 Replies
oldestnewest

There are many reasons you could have Constipation - low thyroid, parasite, yeast overgrowth, low estrogen levels, small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO)...

If you can find the root cause you will be able to take a targeted approach to a root cause resolution.

Good luck!

1 like

That's the problem. I have been to two Gastroenterologists, who dismissed me, and just stuck me on meds, and one colon and Rectal Surgeon who was rude to me. It is very hard to find gastros who have the time anymore to go over the root causes when they can only spend 15 minutes on you, and I only have Medicare..

Are you living in the U.S. Eliana? If so, let me know where you are and I will find you a functional medicine physician who will help you resolve this.

1 like

Thank you so much!! ☺☺. I live in Hamilton, Ohio.

Okay, I will get back to you!

1 like

You may also like...