IBS Network
21,499 members7,307 posts

Fuzzy poop 💩 (with pictures)

Fuzzy poop 💩 (with pictures)

I’m sorry to post this image but I’m at a loss as to what this actually is. It’s almost like a pale fuzzy mucus.

I’ve hip, flank and abdominal pain on the right side and I’ve had it months.

Had scopes both upper and lower all normal.

No CTs yet. Have a GP appointment tomorrow and I was considering showing them this photo but I’m actually embarrassed too lol

Thot I’d check with people on here too see if it’s something they’ve seen before so I don’t unnecessarily embarrass myself with the GP.

Looks to me like some kind of fungus or something but I’m not a doctor

11 Replies
oldestnewest

I'm no expert but wouldn't think it's a fungus type thing, more like undigested bits - maybe from fibrous foods? I would take the photo with you and just ask GP if he/she thinks it would be helpful to see it as you are worried it is not normal. For what it's worth, it doesn't look abnormal to me, but the pain you are getting might need investigating, although I have to say most of my IBS pain is on the right hand side too, yet I read it is generally felt on the left hand side. Hope you get on ok at your appt. Keep us posted.

1 like

Fatty stool mucus is a symptom of IBS. I get it.

1 like

I also get it when I poop. Mine is usually an orangey brown colour.

1 like

Ty all for the replies, it’s horrible I guess I need to focus a lot more on my diet.

I’ll update tomorrow when I’m back from my GP appointment.

I’m really hoping they do something about this pain on the right hand side. It’s 24hrs 7 days a week thing and it doesn’t seem like it would be ibs related.

It may be mucus. I would show it to the doctor. Even if you are a bit embarrassed (which I would be too), I think it would relieve your anxiety and he may have an answer.

1 like

I’m absolutely sure your doctor will find the photo very useful - and sensible! Otherwise you’re each trying to understand what the others are describing, a bit like one of those photofits that the police use. Doctors do have a ‘stool chart’ which they can use to discuss with you the consistency and appearance of stools, but an actual photo has to be more useful.

They’re doctors - they’ve seen worse!

Hope all goes well when you see the GP.

1 like

I reckon it's just mucus. I get this whenever I have an attack of IBS, caused by painful spasms of the lower colon.

1 like

Normal for me with IBS attacks

omg I feel so much better from seeing that i'm not the only one because i was freaking out today when i saw it but i feel much better thank you

1 like

Please follow up with what your doctor says. I’ve has the same issue for months and it comes and goes. Funny smell too. I’m thinking parasites, as this strange furry/feathery looking fuzz has only occurred shortly after drinking bad water on vacation. Right flank pain but dull around to my back at times.

1 like

I have the same problem. I thought it was appendicitis since it affected my right flank and even had swelling in that area. Had a CT and nothing was found. Mine looks like yours and at times more like fuzz or feathers even. If you get closer and look, you'll see it moving back and forth like cotton. One thing for sure I noticed is that this first occurred after drinking some water in D.R. and getting diarrhea. Then a couple weeks later, I started noticing this type of stool. No longer runny but furry, like mold or something. Please let me know what your doctor says. I think it might be parasites... Sometimes it looks like strings of cotton is attached on the side once in a while. :(

1 like

You may also like...