IBS or stomach bug?

Hey guys,

My name is Craig Campbell and I am a 24 year old male from Newcastle Upon Tyne.

During work on Thursday 20th April, I got a really bloated, upset stomach. I thought it might have been trapped wind bought the usual Rennie / Windeze and got no relief. Tried hot drinks. Friday night I went and bought some Buscopan thinking it could be an IBS flare up. Little relief, Saturday I went to boots and bought some Mebeverine Hydrchloride 135mg tablets and the stomach pain, cramps, spasms were so intense I went to our local A&E / Walk In department at the RVI, the junior doctor examined my stomach and just suggested taking paracetamol and seeing how I go! Sunday pretty much the same. Today monday 24th april still there. I had a telephone appointment with my GP and he prescribed again the 135mg Mebeverine one three times a day 20 minutes before food. I have been around 4 people who all have had 24 hour sickness and diarrohea but I have not had sickness or diarrohea, Possible to just get a stomach bug and pain but no sickness and D? I go to London this Friday 28th April and need to feel myself! What is this? Will it go away? #IBS

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • The mebeverine always took about 4 days to work for me so it may work yet. I suppose it could be a stomach bug but hard to know really. If i ever get a really bad episode i buy Symprove which is a probiotic, it's expensive and tastes gross but really works for me.

• Hi there, I had food poisoning back in 1996 (this is how I ended up with Post Infection IBS) and wasn't sick or had diarrohea. I would say that it may be possible to have a stomach bug with the symptoms but without actually being sick or having diarrohea. Or, as IsaacsMummy has said below, it may just be a bad episode.

Hope you are better very soon.

• Hi Craig, I am suffering with similar to although I keep having to run to the loo!!!! It's horrible, the pain is something I have never experienced but I also feel very Achey and fluey.

You should be okay for the weekend, just take it easy. unfortunalty only time will

Tell if it's ibs or bug!

Get well soon

You may also like...