Free Training Day for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Support Group Leaders

Free Training Day for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Support Group Leaders

22 October 2016, Royal Victoria Hotel, Sheffield.

The IBS Network aims to establish a national network of support groups, led by training facilitators to work alongside existing health services to encourage self efficacy.

Could you be a Support Group Leader?

If you are either a healthcare professional with an interest in supporting people with IBS, or someone with IBS who wants to help others manage their condition, please sign up to our free one day Group Leader training course.

By attending this course you will learn:

• how to set up and run a group

• techniques of engagement and active listening

• the information needed to manage IBS effectively

• how to support and motivate others

• about raising funds and encouraging local support

• which resources are available from The IBS Network.

The training event is free of charge. We will be providing refreshments and lunch (with IBS friendly foods).

To reserve your place, please contact Sam Yardy as soon as possible - places are limited, email: sam@theibsnetwork.org

More details at: theibsnetwork.org/news/even...

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Would like to come along to the group day . Marilyn walker

• I am interested

• Hi there, I'm interested in this as no groups local to me. The thing that puts me off signing up is of course my IBS! At the moment I'm having a really bad spell and although I know talking really helps, the physical symptoms can make sticking to appointments/meetings really hard...

• Is there a group in Nottinghamshire

• Is there a group in Nottinghamshire

• Hello. Sorry, we do not currently have any IBS support groups in Nottinghamshire. All groups currently taking place are here: theibsnetwork.org/self-help... If you’re interested in setting up an IBS support group in your area – please email sam@theibsnetwork.org for an application form.

Many thanks.

• Hello IBS Network,

I wanted you to know this because I suffered from IBS-C for 5 years. It was ruining my life. The pain, gas, and constipation was unbearable. I went to the hospital 4 times in 2014 between October and March. I started taking mushroom supplements and the IBS-C is totally gone now. I have waited 6 months to make sure that the IBS symptoms are actually gone and I stopped taking the supplements and within 3 days I had that stabbing pain in my abdomen meaning that I was going to have an attack. I took my supplements again and have not a one ounce of pain since. I did a youtube video about what I use (I don't work for the company or get any sort of money from them I just buy the supplement on Amazon). If you put in "My IBS is Cured! This is what I did!" you will see my video on what I exactly do.

IBS Network - Can you please Pin this where everyone can see it? I really want to help people because I had the worst most life debilitating IBS-C it has cost me thousands in doctors bills and now I have 0 symptoms. I really want to help everyone so that they can live a fulfilling life. I feel like I was robbed of 5 years of my life and I don't want anyone else to suffer for one more second if this can work for them too. Thank you!

D.M.

• Thanks for your comments. Glad to hear that you've found a way of managing your IBS symptoms. However, it's important to stress that what works for one person who has IBS may not work for another, depending on the IBS symptoms experienced. Also, mushrooms are high in FODMAPs which may actually worsen symptoms for some. You can find out more about FODMAPs and diet here: theibsnetwork.org/diet/

You may also like...