A better day to be positive

So, I had a wonderful time with my boyfriend last night! It was like my anxiety disappeared! I was not going to let it ruin such a wonderful evening with him and we had a great time! It was loving and passionate and very like us again! Anytime my anxiety even tried to peak I shut it down by focusing on other things. I focused on the seconds I had in life. I focused on what I was doing how I was breathing how he was breathing and how peaceful and calm it was in the vicinity of each other. I talked to myself in my head basically saying "ok you are breathing, you are watching tv, you are holding his hand, his hand feels warm, you are feeling calm" and just brought myself back into reality. It won't fix itself I know that but it is a daily thing to work on. I think it starts up when I am not around him because it makes me worry about something...I am not sure what so if anyone has any idea that would be great! It feels like when I am not around him my anxiety works itself up and when I am with him it just relaxes....not sure what that is supposed to mean? But it was wonderful I felt all my passion for him and just the urge and desire to kiss him and hold him and love him. It was amazing but I still know it will take time to work on and my biggest thing to work on is when I am not with him. Any ideas or suggestions as to why my mind might be doing that when we are not together?

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • This video will give you an in depth look at those automatic negative thoughts Alexa that create your behaviors, enjoy and let me know what you gained from it pls:

• of course I will watch it asap thank you so much!!!

• Take care Alexa, I feel you're on the right track. They line where you said 'it won't fix itself' shows me that you already understand that these unconscious habits are there for a reason. That reason is it has been practiced for some time, and given much respect. Progress daily, see you on the Facebook page - facebook.com/theanxietyguy

• oh thanks so much! makes me very happy to understand that and that it really wont. It will always be there but it is you who can allow it to either affect you negatively or accept it and realize it will be there but you also have a life to live! can't wait to listen to your video!

• Alexa remember, nothing is good or bad, the meaning we give to things build up our perception of reality. The way we interpret something can be changed, we just have to change the meaning. Thanks for being a part let's keep in touch ;)

• that was beautifully written :) thanks so much! I love following your page and thank you for reaching out to the rest of us and giving hope to others! really appreciate your kindness