Fatigue and Sweet's syndrome

Fatigue and Sweet's syndrome

Fatigue is a common symptom of both autoimmune and autoinflammatory conditions, including Sweet's syndrome. It occurs as a result of the inflammation in the body that these conditions cause.

Fatigue can include a number of different symptoms, and can sometimes be difficult to manage. Symptoms include:

1. Tiredness or exhaustion - the kind you can’t ‘shake-off’.

2. Poor concentration or memory - ‘brain-fog’.

3. Flu-like symptoms - sometimes mistaken for a viral infection.

4. Limb heaviness - every movement seems like a real effort.

If you need some help managing your fatigue, Arthritis Research UK (ARUK) has some useful information: arthritisresearchuk.org/art...

You can find that when you are struggling with fatigue, others become impatient with you and make certain suggestions. For example, tell you to get a good night's sleep, don't get so stressed, get some fresh air, get more exercise, or eat a healthier diet. On the one hand, some of these things can make you feel a bit better, but on the other hand, they might not completely resolve your fatigue. REMEMBER! Fatigue is NOT the same as ordinary tiredness. It occurs as a result of inflammation in the body, so it really isn't your fault.

Michelle (admin).

6 Replies

• Yeh, that's me!!

• And me - and no ne understands I know they think Im being lazy bad mood shake yourself out of it is all I hear

• Hi Froggie, it is incredibly difficult as others often won't accept that fatigue isn't the same as tiredness. Very frustrating!

• Ive had this reaction to everything to do with my sweets - my family say Im a drama queen even though I spent 3 months in hospital and nearly died from a bowel perforation when sweets lesions were everywhere internally and no one know what was happening to me. Its so hard to deal with this syndrome and the lack of support and understanding from people is awful. My love and support to all of you guys out there.

Elaine x

• That is awful, Elaine! And let's face it, if you're seriously ill and in hospital for three months, it's pretty obvious that you're not faking it. In fact, it can't get any more obvious!!

Michelle. x

• Additional info.

Arthritis Care - Fatigue Fact Sheet: arthritiscare.org.uk/what-i...

You may also like...