Do you think there is enough information available about SCA?

SCA is often misunderstood to be the same as a heart attack. It is one of the biggest killers in the world yet relatively few people understand what it really is, what the symptoms are and what to do in an emergency.

Do you think there is lack of information in healthcare, education and the public domain as a whole, about SCA?

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I have seen many patient during illness of my father suffering from problem of prostate and hospitalisd at govt hospital at city hospital.there was a patient of blocking of urine admitted to diagnose was contineuous bt doctor said due to accumulation of excess urine in bladder and increasing urea in blood,so it is heart attack.....patient died after 3 hr.....after that i heard many person died of same affection....it shows need of awareness among people to track the record of their patient and converse with doctor.many person dies of lack of holistic approach to treat.

• In my experience there is a great lack of awareness about the problem of SCA and the solution - AEDs. Unless people become more aware then we will not see more placement of these life-saving devices. The work of H&G is vital in helping promoting the wide-spread placement of AEDs and their importance.

• I have found most people think cardiac arrest and a heart attack are one in the same. I heard an explanation that is easy for people to understand the difference on the surface. If it hurts it is a heart attack and if it doesn't hurt it is cardiac arrest. As an SCA survivor I can tell you this is a truthful statement. I had cardiac arrest on 12/11/201 and besides a left bundle branch block, I had never a thought about having serious heart problems. I was at home in my kitchen with my 14 yr old granddaughter when I suddenly collapsed. All I remember is leaning over my sink and bending over. I was given hyperthermia therapy and placed in a medically induced coma. The next thing I remember is waking up 7 days later in the hospital and on the 10th day I went home with an ICD and heart meds. I am among the 2% of cardiac patients who survive with no damage to vital organs and memory loss. Thank God for my granddaughter and for my husband, who knew how to administer CPR for 7 minutes until the EMTs arrived and took over. I was shocked 7 times at home and on the way to the hospital when normal sinus rhythm was established. All this information was new to me and I was stunned with all the procedures available and used. Upon waking from the coma I was in unbelief that I had cardiac arrest... My husband, did convince me I had experienced cardiac arrest. I had one other close call in April of this year when I went into v-fib and started into tachycardia. I can tell you it did not hurt, but the sensation was so strange I cannot describe it. My ICD slowed my heart down from over 200 BPM with in 11 seconds and just in time to prevent a shock. All of this information has been quite an education and I am learning more about the functioning of the heart as time goes on. I believe knowing about SCA helps me to be watchful of my body.... I hope this helps.

Jzuznme

You may also like...