Start Moving: Knee Pain Support
971 members202 posts

Knee pain that gets worse in the evening

Hi my name is Angela I have really bad knee pain but it gets horrible at night any suggestions

4 Replies
oldestnewest

TAKE A TYLENOL OR IBUPROFEN 600-800 IF YOU CAN TOLERATE. APPLY SOME HEAT, POSSIBLY A HEATING PAD IN A LOW SETTING

Angela,

Agree with Ramon. Will add a few more options which may not be of benefit but possibly could help. Glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate (I have used Cosamin DS--I have no financial relationship with the company but they claim to manufacture it to pharmaceutical grade standard--like a medicine the doctor would order) and also capsaicin. If you have heavy, losing just 10 pounds will tkae 30-60 pounds of pressure off your knee joints!

Hope this helps! Keep us posted on your journey!

Mary

achingjoints.net/tag/capsai...

Sometimes muscle tightness can really play a role in knee pain. Stretching can be helpful, especially before bed. One thing that I do a lot and recommend to my patients is using a massage stick or a rolling pin and roll out your muscles like a pie crust. Focus on your thigh and your calf, either alone or before stretching. If feels great and most of the time it will relieve pain, at least for a short time. The more often you do it, the longer lasting effect it seems to have.

Is the pain when you are resting?

You may also like...