Scleroderma & Raynaud's UK (SRUK)
7,363 members3,474 posts

Raynauds medication.

Hello,

I hope this finds you all well.

I started Adalat two weeks ago and have been mostly ok. I've had an increase in headaches, flushes and urination. Hoping with time on them things would improve. I take 5mg three times a day.

The whitening of my fingers has indeed decreased, but the rate they go bright and boiling hot has increased. Which I think is unrelated to Raynauds. But GP didn't quite understand that when I have a Raynauds attack, the blood comes back in normally. The redness and heat happens when my hands are totally normal.

Since Thursday though, I feel as if I've been hit by a bus. Would some side effects come on after two weeks? I ache from head to foot, my joints, everything.

I can't see the GP until a week after next.

So I don't know if I should stop taking them, or carry on until I see him. Because what if I've got a virus and it's not the meds, you know?

Any advice please?

Warm regards

Ticcing Bat

5 Replies
oldestnewest

It could've took that long to build up..but i would check for virus 1st..before i jump on the band wagon..i have reyneaud since 8 years and now diagnosed with lupus.😢..i have inflamation of the esophegaus and connective tissue..i find asa works for me although i am told not to take it because of my espophegaus..oh well its coated and slow release..and i take prescription dexalant for my espohegaus..really helps..and thats all i take..but their going to try to pressure. Me like at school...to take predisone

..i will wait and see...florie

Thanks for your response.

I managed to get to the gp after work. I almost fainted this morning so thought I bttr go!

My BP is low, so he thinks it side effects. I'm going to knock it down to one tablet at night and see how I go. I take pantrapozole for my stomach and reflux, so hopefully with the reduced dose, the bile I can taste all the time will dissappear!

Do ask a pharmacist.

My guess is that if you are on a three times a day Adalat it is short acting, and could be reduced to what you are comfortable with, but read the details inside closely.

1 like

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

I managed to get to the gp after work. I almost fainted this morning so thought I bttr go!

My BP is low, so he thinks it side effects. I'm going to knock it down to one tablet at night and see how I go.

X

Oh good for you, that makes sense.

You may also like...