Falling over

Does anyone else experience falling over a lot and bumping into things ? I am so clumsy now and have smashed a lot of plates,glasses and mugs. Saves on the washing up though. Lol ๐Ÿ˜‚. To cap it all on Monday whilst trying to walk the dog I slid in mud. My right leg went one way and my left leg folded underneath me and has wrecked my knee . I now am even more like Hop-along-Cassidy. ๐Ÿค• X x

7 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Aww that's harsh, rest up so that your knee will hopefully heal.

But yes, I'm also more clumsy than ever before. I too break crockery and glassware, it's a real annoyance as no matter how careful I am I'll not get through a week without some sort of breakage.

The worst one though is when I get spastic twitches, and it's always in the supermarket. I literally throw things without meaning to, the worst of which was a 2lb bag of sugar that hit the woman stood next to me ๐Ÿ˜ž oh the shame of it lol... Luckily a quick explanation that it wasn't on purpose, and I can't help these god-awful twitches fixed the look of horror on the woman's face!

It's just a part of who we are now, and when I finally accepted that about myself I found that I could quickly see the funny side of most of my accidents ๐Ÿ˜›

I mean come on, who else would get away with lobbing random items at strangers in the supermarket ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

#lovelife ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• So true and funny we have to laugh at ourselves ๐Ÿ˜‚

• I drop things more than ever before and have real problems with my grip at times.

• Hello, I too have this problem with dropping things, I manage to drop a glass and cup every week, it has really been noticeable in the last month.

My fingers stick to the glass and when I try and place it on worktop, it is still stuck to my fingers. Then hey presto not quick enough to catch. The next problem is clearing up, at least I have a long handled broom with a tray thing.

I wondered if it was because it is getting colder.

Margaret

• Hi Margaret .

I was doing this all Summer but like you it's been worse in the last month. I guess we need to buy plastic cups and plates.lol

Good luck. Lynn

• Maybe your right, thinking about the small narrow picnic (cos can't use big glasses as hands won't go round) plastic glasses don't seem to drop, so maybe a good half way house.

Take care

Margaret

• I suggest you have your eyesight examined.