Scleroderma & Raynaud's UK (SRUK)

Referal to a specialist? heat packs on perscription?

Ive suffered from Reynauds since I was a child and in that time Ive been medicated.

This year has been alot worse and I went to see my doctor again last week as the tablets dont seem to be working as well as they had in the past.

Doctor hadn't really heard of reynauds before and I spent more time explaining to him what it was then him being able to help me.

My partner says I need to ask for a referal to a specialist at the hosptial and that as its a long time condition I really need to be seeing someone who understands it.

Also that I need to ask for heat packs on perscription anyone else get this?

Also are we able to claim any heating costs under the disability aspect?


3 Replies

You certainly should be referred to a rheumatologist, get diagnosed properly and be followed up. Get a pack from the Raynaud's and Scleroderma Association to give to your GP so doctors get informed.


thanks, Im in the process of changing doctor surgeries as Ive moved house so I will ask to be referred by my new doctor.

Ive had no follow ups since being diagnosed 16 yrs ago, in that time Ive just been ordering repeat perscriptions.


Hi we tried to get heating cost for our lad when first knew he had raynaulds ,but we got turned down , you can try .


You may also like...