This lady's metastatic breast cancer ... - SHARE Metastatic ...

SHARE Metastatic Breast Cancer
3,214 members3,459 posts

This lady's metastatic breast cancer story

SophSP
SophSP

Hello Ladies,

I hope you are all having a good weekend so far. I thought you might be interested in the following blog about a lady called Abbey who claims to have healed her metastatic breast cancer:

healingbreastcancer.info/ca...

I am a member of the same Facebook group as Abbey and noticed a post she put up yesterday where she mentioned she is now completely cured. Those of you who have got to know me over time know that I am relentless in my pursuit of good health and healing and that I want to share that same hope and drive with others. Abbey's most recent PET CT scan said: METASTATIC DISEASE: NIL SEEN.

Sophie

90 Replies
oldestnewest

Thank you for sharing this, Sophie! What Facebook group does she belong to?

xoJade

SophSP
SophSP
in reply to Wintervt

Hi Jade,

You're welcome. I forgot to mention, but Abbey belongs to Jane McLelland's How to Starve Cancer Facebook group. I find it a useful group to share information, but I have not had any success in actually posting anything. I had a post pending approval for weeks, so in the end I just deleted it.

Sophie x

Barbteeth
Barbteeth
in reply to SophSP

I’ve been removed from her Facebook page!!

Barb xx

SophSP
SophSP
in reply to Barbteeth

Hi Barb,

I remember when you mentioned that a while ago. I'm sorry you were removed from the group. I find that I can comment on other people's posts, but my own posts are never approved. Maybe it's because the questions I have raised are already covered. But if you go straight to Abbey's blog you will be able to find some interesting information. She sounds like she was very dedicated in her quest for good health and she has achieved just that. I want us all to be able to say the same!

Sophie x

Barbteeth
Barbteeth
in reply to SophSP

I’m sure Abbey means well but she does appear to be advertising the McLelland book....I’m just a bit sceptical of people who are ‘cured’ as how do they know what they did made any difference?...also mbc is incurable...we all know this

Don’t misunderstand me...I’m game to try things or I wouldn’t have consulted the COC...however there’s a limit to what I believe works...she may well just be fortunate that her disease is in remission and may not be due to her supplements/lifestyle

Just my opinion

Barb xx

SophSP
SophSP
in reply to Barbteeth

Hi Barb,

I can understand your scepticism. Once we find out that our disease is metastatic we are told it is no longer considered curable, so when we hear of such cases of people who have achieved such great results it can leave us scratching our heads in disbelief. But the PET CT scan cannot lie. She does appear to have reversed her disease. I just thought I would share.

Sophie x

Barbteeth
Barbteeth
in reply to SophSP

Yes thanks for sharing Sophie I just wish we could all be in her situation

Barb xx

SophSP
SophSP
in reply to Barbteeth

I know, Barb. I want us all to be in her situation too and receive such good news.

Sophie x

kearnan
kearnan
in reply to SophSP

Did you see the Pet Scan? If this were true, she would be on national news and oncologists would be fighting to meet with her. I am not scratching my head in disbelief, I am shaking my head that people are out there trying to make a buck off this and, unfortunately, there are people that are so frightened and upset that would be willing to pay in the hope that they too can be cured.

blms
blms
in reply to kearnan

You are mistaken if you believe oncologists want to know about health aids and remission. They do not. Only if it is from the drugs they prescribed, nothing alternative.

kearnan
kearnan
in reply to blms

Because they are medically trained and educated doctors who have treated hundreds of patients and have seen the results of the new stage iv medicine we are given. Do you think they have time with every patient to monitor every single supplement they want to add on bc they read it in some article on every one of their patients? Because doctors operate from studies and research on the new drugs. They do not read books or articles on how to cure cancer by taking this or cutting out that. That being said if people with no medical training want to enhance their medication with supplements that they read about, they are welcome to do so since it is their body. But if the given medication stops working or the cancer spreads, then it may be because of these supplements that they choose themselves to take. Doctors go by medical research and hard cold facts.

Both Jane and Abbey have achieved remission using the same protocol. Neither had chemotherapy (only Jane initially which led to the cancer coming back) and Abbey only used Zoladex to switch off her ovaries (that alone is not going to reverse mbc). It has taken Abbey 2 years to achieve her PET-free status, it’s not a quick fix. Neither had some sneaky treatment which could really have been the cause of their remission. Jane has now been 20 years in remission from being terminal twice (the second time from chemo-induced blood cancer). It’s a non-brainer to me, hence why repurposed medicines and pathway blocking are causing quite the storm. My oncologist even said he would prescribe the off-label drugs needed for the protocol once I had seen my functional-integrative doctor.

SophSP
SophSP
in reply to ScoobyTheCat

Hi,

I believe in the metabolic approach to treating cancer, and am on the COC protocol, along with additional off-label drugs prescribed by a private doctor, supplements, and conventional treatment. I have seen some positive results, so will keep going and see what my next CT scan (I haven't got the appointment letter yet, but it should be around 28th October) reveals. I feel that we should all make an informed decision based on our own research. I know that conventional treatment alone will not be enough to cure me, which is why I have looked elsewhere for additional treatment options.

Sophie

Mindysooty
Mindysooty
in reply to SophSP

I believe thete's something in this approach and when the time is right for me I'll look further into it. I do think there's a commercial element involved here but that doesnt mean its not legitimate. I think its a lot of work and research to get the right combo for you but if anything's worth putting the work in for then surely this is it. You are completely dedicated Sophie and I wish you every success my friend. XxJosiexx

SophSP
SophSP
in reply to Mindysooty

Hi Josie,

How are you getting on with your awareness campaign?

Thank you for your support! I am pursuing the metabolic approach to treat my disease, along with conventional treatment and lots of other things. While I am not qualified to tell others what they should and shouldn't do with regard to their own approach to their cancer (everyone must decide for themselves), I feel like I can share what I have done with those who are interested in learning more. I do feel as if my health has significantly improved so I shall carry on.

I agree that in some cases there is a commercial element involved. I will not pay for someone to tell me what worked for them. First off, they are not doctors and second, some of the drugs, supplements or treatments that they have had may not be suitable for me. I only pay my private doctors for the services they provide, as they are qualified to dispense sound medical advice. I will not do anything that could put my health in jeopardy. Having this disease is more than enough to deal with! Every new thing I come across that sounds interesting gets noted down and I then seek medical advice to see if I should include it to my protocol.

I am going to contact the COC clinic to let them know I will no longer be requiring their services. While I will continue with their 4-drug off-label approach, I don't need to see them and my other doctor, as he follows their protocol, but has added more.

Sophie x

Mindysooty
Mindysooty
in reply to SophSP

Youre doing great and thanks for sharing xx im just on way home from Champneys health spa break so had couple days off. Need to check everything when i get home but last count with fundraising is over £700 totally smashed target so Im so pleased. Im at hospital next week so need to get some treatments bought x

SophSP
SophSP
in reply to Mindysooty

Well done, Josie! You achieved your goal so quickly! I hope you had a good spa break. You deserve it after all your hard work you have put in.

Sophie x

kearnan
kearnan
in reply to Barbteeth

I agree with you. NOBODY gets cured of cancer. There are people who, if possible, try to make money off of this by saying things like they cured their cancer, so people would be willing to pay to listen to them. How interesting you can scheduled an appt. with her for a fee. I would pay this woman no mind. I really get angry when people take advantage of other's fears.

This is just so bogus and makes me angry when others take advantage. Just somebody who sees an opportunity to make some money are other's expense and fears.

I'm skeptical too, Barb. The same lump I felt in 1990 and had a mammogram which concluded "just a lump, nothing to be concerned about" began growing in 2013 and was breast cancer. So I had 23 glorious years without ANY nasty meds and NO GROWTH until it was natures way to let it progress. I just believe sometimes things aren't what they seem and success gets attributed to things that would have happened anyway in our own bodies; the body is such a remarkable factory, the way it works to combat disease, infection and cancer. Sending love, hugs and prayers for health and to be made whole in Jesus name, amen!

Sarcie
Sarcie
in reply to Barbteeth

I agree with you. If these things actually cured cancer every body would be doing it and would be cured. IMO

kearnan
kearnan
in reply to Barbteeth

Maybe you disagreed with something she said or the fact that that leads to a site she has set up where people can schedule and PAY for an hour appt. with her. Beware of people like this. Maybe you disagreed or made a comment that questioned her motives (as I am doing now) so she removed you from her FB page. That alone speaks volumes if she is really interested in helping others, you should be allowed to question and ask things on her page.

Barbteeth
Barbteeth
in reply to kearnan

Exactly...I made an observation that she didn’t like (McLelland) so she removed me but was also quite nasty as well which upset me a bit...I won’t go into it on here but her reaction was totally unacceptable

I’d also bought the book and even passed it on to someone else

Barb xx

kearnan
kearnan
in reply to Barbteeth

Well to me that is a red flag. If you make a comment that may question her and she kicks you off, that is not someone I would trust at all. Even when I clicked on that link, she has a site where you can "schedule" a hour long appt. with her for a fee. And anybody claiming they are cancer free is bogus. You can be stable or in remission but you are never cancer free. I just hate that these people take advantage of other people's fears to make money off it. Seriously, you have to pay to have an hour appt. with her. Consider it God was looking out for you when she kicked you off. Probably saved yourself alot of aggravation. A person who claims she is cancer free and did it herself should be open to whatever a person asks or states on her cancer board. So you avoided wasting your time.

blms
blms
in reply to kearnan

I do agree with your comments here

Sophie , thank you for the info.

SophSP
SophSP
in reply to mariootsi

Hi Marianne,

You're welcome! I was just so happy to learn Abbey's news that I had to share it. I printed up her protocol of what she did to heal herself and it was 34 pages! I have yet to read it all, but it's on her blog. She is willing to answer people's questions and help them.

Sophie x

mariootsi
mariootsi
in reply to SophSP

Great.

Hi Sophie,

I have seen Abbey's story on Facebook and it is great news that there is no evidence of disease in her bones, especially as she is doing the COC protocol etc. and not conventional treatment.

However, some of us have achieved no evidence of active disease with Ibrance and other treatments but the issue is that even if there is no evidence of disease, most oncologists would say that at Stage 4, it is likely to come back sooner or later and that we are never "cured".

I prefer to think that with diet, exercise, etc it can be kept at bay for a long time and hopefully will never come back!

It is always great news to hear success stories, Abbey seems to do a lot of research and takes good care of herself so it was pay back time for her.

All the best,

Eva

SophSP
SophSP
in reply to Evaf

Hi Eva,

I agree that there are multiple ways to achieve NED status or even complete remission. Abbey seems to have achieved great results by using a variety of methods, including Jane McLelland's protocol, COC drugs, diet and so on. I don't think there is any one way to achieve such results, which is why many different methods may be required. Hopefully she has achieved a permanent and complete remission, but I know what you mean that metastatic disease is not normally considered curable.

Sophie

Evaf
Evaf
in reply to SophSP

I agree that at Stage 4 there is not one way to achieve such great results but we need to use many different methods xx

SophSP
SophSP
in reply to Evaf

Hi Eva,

I hope your protocol is going well and that you are continuing to see good results from what you are doing. How is it all going for you?

Sophie x

Evaf
Evaf
in reply to SophSP

Hi Sophie, thanks. Everything is going well so far. How are you doing? My markers are within normal levels and there is no evidence of disease at the moment, so I am happy! However, every time I go for my monthly appointment I am worried that they are going to say something different. My onc mentioned at last appointment to have a CT scan next year (my last one was May) so they do not seem to be concerned at the moment. In the meantime, I continue doing my plant-based diet, infrared sauna, exercise...Hope things are well for you too.

All the best,

Eva

Zennia
Zennia
in reply to Evaf

Eva, can you share your plant-based diet? Thanks

Evaw
Evaw
in reply to Zennia

Hi Zennia,

I have no dairy, meat, sugar of glutten! I eat organic eggs and wild caught salmon twice a week. I juice every day (carrots, beetroot, lemon, garlic, ginger, celery, turmeric, greens...). Usually have berries and nuts for breakfast, soup and salad for lunch and a curry, risotto (black rice) or tagine for dinner... I am used to it now and do not find it too difficult... Kris Carr and Chris Wark have lots of recipes and ideas about the diet.

All the best,

Eva

Zennia
Zennia
in reply to Evaw

Thanks Eva for the information. I need to try this, but I am not sure I can stick with it.

Bailey3266
Bailey3266
in reply to Evaw

What diet is that (McClellan day) (who are Kris Wark & Chris Carr?)sounds doable-can u eat grapes n avocados?

SophSP
SophSP
in reply to Bailey3266

Hi Bailey,

Jane McLelland ate a low GI diet, Kris Carr is living with metastatic cancer and has a website (kriscarr.com) and Chris Wark made changes to his life after being diagnosed with stage 3 cancer. He had surgery. You can read more about them both online.

Sophie ❤

Evaf
Evaf
in reply to Bailey3266

Grapes are thought to be too sugary, so berries are best. Fruit in moderation, one or two pieces per day. Avocado is ok . Kris Carr is a Stage 4 survivor and has written a few books on nutrition like Crazy, Sexy Kitchen. Chris Wark, although he had surgery to cure his cancer, has written a very good book called Chris Beat Cancer with lots of advice on an anti-cancer lifestyle and also recommends a plant-based diet.

nstonerocks
nstonerocks
in reply to Evaw

Like Kris Carr. Chris Wark not so much. He is misleading saying that he beat his cancer. The surgeon removed the tumor. Chris declined adjuvant therapy. Chris did not have metastatic disease I hope in the long run he does well, but the surgeon is the one who, so far, beat Chris’s cancer. I sent for his materials, paid some money, and when I got to the part where he pushed joining an evangelical church I was out of there. I have nothing against good, honest people practicing their faith. People of all walks, all faiths. It was a turn off. I look for full disclosure and total honesty when looking for advice and inspiration. I hope his luck continues

SophSP
SophSP
in reply to Evaf

Hi Eva,

That is wonderful news! It sounds like you are doing really well. Keep up the good work. I am eating a mainly plant-based diet too, which isn't too hard, just when my husband pushes me to have some meat! I would like to get an infrared sauna too. I just don't know where I would put it. I have a four-bedroom house, but the spare rooms are full. I would have to move things around.

Have a good night!

Sophie ❤

Evaw
Evaw
in reply to SophSP

Hi Sophie,

My friend let me borrow her infrared sauna, it is a Clearlight. It takes a bit of space in our bedroom but it kind of folds up against the wall. The infrared is brilliant, really helps with anxiety and makes you feel relaxed. It also really helps with pain. Sauna and a bath is my idea of a good night now!

Eva

SophSP
SophSP
in reply to Evaw

Hi Eva,

I tried an infrared sauna last January when I was in Iceland and loved it. I felt great afterwards. That's interesting about the folding sauna. Thanks for letting me know.

Sophie ❤

blms
blms
in reply to SophSP

You can buy an infrared mat. I am considering now as I also have no space

SophSP
SophSP
in reply to blms

Thanks for the suggestion!

blms
blms
in reply to SophSP

The medium size one is about $700

SophSP
SophSP
in reply to blms

Thank you. I will have a look at the British Amazon site and see if there is anything comparable.

That is great news Sophie, and especially for you. You have put in so much work researching and devising your treatment plan. Take every positive from this and run with it. If anyone can be the next Abbey - it’s you. I would love to see that

Clare xx

SophSP
SophSP
in reply to BellaE

Hi Clare,

If I did not already have a job I would say that this disease is my "job". It certainly feels like it at times. I am starting a six-week plan tomorrow that my private doctor has devised for me. I hope it goes well.

Sophie x

BellaE
BellaE
in reply to SophSP

I will have everything crossed for you for the next 6 weeks.

Good luck

Xx

blms
blms
in reply to SophSP

Would be interested in hearing what your plan is!

SophSP
SophSP
in reply to blms

My private doctor ran some tests over the summer and so a plan was put together based on those results. It won't be the same for everyone.

Teddielottie
Teddielottie
in reply to SophSP

Good luck Sophie as you start your six week plan today ! x 🍀

SophSP
SophSP
in reply to Teddielottie

Thank you. So far, so good! But it's only day 1. I wonder if I will still feel so chirpy by day 42?! I probably will, as that will be the final day!

Hi Sophie. Thanks so much for sharing. It gives us so much hope that something like this can be achieved. But it can also be disappointing if we can’t achieve the same results Abbey had. We can but try, I guess.

SophSP
SophSP
in reply to MyMiracle13

Hi,

Yes, I know what you mean. I don't want to give others false hope, just share what I came across and read. I am not going to schedule an appointment with Abbey. I have read what worked for her and printed out the protocol she used and that's it. I wanted others to see that too if they are interested. I do believe that some metastatic cancer patients have achieved complete remission or stability from their disease. Look at Kris Carr. She was diagnosed in February 2003, and is still stable, Jane McLelland is also in remission more than 20 years after her diagnosis and Joe Tippens was able to achieve complete remission using his protocol. Let's not forget Judy Perkins who was cured of metastatic breast cancer in America using immunotherapy. There are others out there, which is proof that it can happen even at our stage.

Sophie x

MyMiracle13
MyMiracle13
in reply to SophSP

Wish remission could happen to all of us! I read Abbey’s blog and her protocol but I found it confusing. It likes she’s taking so many supplements. Did she take them all at once? I did read that she only takes a few supplements now but to achieve her NIL status, did she really take all those? I feel as if my liver and kidney would give up on so many supplements!

SophSP
SophSP
in reply to MyMiracle13

So do I! I have a feeling Abbey took all those supplements at once. I have heard of people taking 70 pills a day, so it's not unheard of. But I agree that it does sound like a lot!

Greetings : Sister/warrior. Continue to be the health advocate for you. I pray the results of all of the time/effort pay off for you, and our other sister/warriors, especially those who also do the work, and research for more natural cures in the hope to eradicate this disease. I take 35 supplements daily, half in the morning, and the other half at night. I customized an exercise routine where I do interval training, light weight training 2- 3 times a week for 1 hour, and 15 minutes. I don't go by any particular protocol. I just add to my healthy lifestyle the natural things/products that I researched that I believe will help me continue to live a healthy cancer free life. I started doing more intense research when I purchased, and learned how to navigate computers 6 years ago. I also had blood work done 6 years ago, which showed some flagged deficiencies, along with one high iron level, even though I was taking a drug store One a day, and a few other supplements. I now take a (whole food ) One a day that has low iron, and I have lowered my spinach intake, which is high in Iron, and I have added more kale as a replacement. The One a day I now take includes: cancer fighting supplements , digestive enzymes, and probiotics/prebiotics. The other natural supplements I take are custom for me, and my deficiencies. Some deficiencies are genetic,, and some are due to antiquated FDA/RDA standards. We eat produce that is deficient in vitamin/mineral levels, and yesssssssss this includes organic produce. I also live by a book called BloodType diet, by Joseph Christiano. You should buy/read the book that corresponds to your blood type. I don't purchase the authors vitamins, or supplements, but find more economical equivalent items online. Sister/warrior I do believe in eating from God's green earth. Please continue to advocate for you, and the sister/warriors who are looking for natural ways to eradicate this disease. There will always be naysayers, and victim mentality people who don't want to do the work which takes time, and effort. God bless you for all that you do for you and the sister warriors on this site. Keeeeep up the fight XoXoXo

Thank you so much for the encouragement and the boost! I needed that. x

It would also be helpful to know what Abbey's subtype is, how many metastatic lesions she had, age, co-morbidities, etc. Just like FDA approved medication, I'm sure this protocol does not work for everyone.

SophSP
SophSP
in reply to TNBC16

Hi,

Yes, that would be interesting to know. It might mention more about Abbey's disease on her blog. I did not delve too much into it, but I am sure she must have some information about her disease.

Sophie x

Sorry, I am glad it gives you hope but I doubt very much she "cured" herself of cancer. And I find it doubly interesting that it leads you to a site she has in which you can schedule and pay(???) for an hour appt. with her. Seriously, it would be front page news if this one person was cured of cancer. I get upset with items like this (like with psychics also) who feed off other's fears. People can read and make their own decisions, but I would hope nobody takes advice from this woman regarding their own diagnosis OR signs up for an appt. with her. The only person that can "cure" cancer would be God. Otherwise for now, you may be in remission for a bit but nobody is ever cured once they get cancer. My opinion.

WOW!! I say, "More power to her!" Just not sure I could manage that level of daily supplements without the accompanying feeling that the cancer had taken over my life. Wish I had that level of determination and organization!

SophSP
SophSP
in reply to SeattleMom

Hi Linda,

I know. I agree that Abbey took a lot of supplements! She obviously worked out a system that was manageable for her. So even though the cancer had in effect taken over her life she is probably going to lighten the load a bit now she has achieved the results she wanted. I don't know how to maintain such good results. It sounds like another research project! I'm about to embark on a new programme for six weeks tomorrow. I am feeling a bit apprehensive, but I hope I can do it!

Sophie x

SeattleMom
SeattleMom
in reply to SophSP

Good luck to you, sweet Sophie! Keep giving us updates on your progress!! XXOO

SophSP
SophSP
in reply to SeattleMom

Thanks, Linda! I am taking notes of what I need to do with this programme, and will be adding to my shopping list for tomorrow. I feel like I am rushing to get my homework done before school tomorrow!

Sophie x

LOL!! You go, Sophie!!

SophSP
SophSP
in reply to SeattleMom

I have a confession to make, Linda. I was one of those crazy children in school who liked homework. During the school holidays I used to ask my teachers for extra homework, as I used to get bored!

Sophie x

MyMiracle13
MyMiracle13
in reply to SophSP

I can’t believe it Sophie! You must have been teacher’s pet🍎 ha ha.

Sounds like my twin sister and me! We were goody two-shoes, straight-A students through high school and (almost) through college. Our version of "risk-taking" was to switch all of our classes one day in high school; all of the students were in on it, but not a single teacher caught on! :)

SophSP
SophSP
in reply to SeattleMom

It sounds like we would have been good friends in school! 😂😂😂😂

SeattleMom
SeattleMom
in reply to SophSP

I bet so, too!! 😂❤️

Hi SophSP I know we all wish there was a cure but this is a chronic disease. I'm sure her scans don't lie but I had scans pet ct mri bone the whole gamit . I had had a mastectomy and axillary lymphnode removal pryer . Nothing showed!! My gynecologist also wanted me to have a hysterectomy because he rattled off all kinds of statistics that say once you have breast cancer you have a higher rate of it causing uterine cervical or ovarian cancers. So since I'm 61 I opted to go ahead and have it done. Went through all the things required for pre hysterectomy procedure and they all came back clear. Had the hysterectomy done December of 2018. Standard procedure they send everything away to be checked. Sure enough there was a spec of breast cancer found in my right ovary. They said it was too tiny to even show up on scans yet. My point with all this is there are people on this site who say they had cancer 5 10 15 20 25 years before it showed up again. So I can't believe this person saying she is cured . Remission yes cured NO!! Her cells that are in her body are just to tiny to be detected yet by scans . The whole reason for the treatments we put ourselves through is to prevent those cells from growing or attaching to areas of our bodies and causing more problems. I'm very happy for this women that her treatment is working for her!! But I do have a problem with people trying to make money off people who are ill. Facts are Facts this is a chronic disease that is treatable but not yet curable !!! Just my Views

SophSP
SophSP
in reply to Justme153

Thanks for sharing your views.

Hello,

While it’s exciting that she’s had good results, it looks like it’s just her breast tissue and chest wall that have no active cancer, unless I’ve missed something? She also had it in her spine, but had targeted radiation to treat that. Is it gone from her bones, too? If she had only one or two spots on her spine, she may be oligometastatic. If that were the case, she is part of a distinct subset of MBC patients who are potentially being put into permanent remission with radiation, ablation, etc. And she’s taking menbendazole, a dewormer for humans, which HAS shown promise and is being studied in at least one clinical trial.

I don’t doubt that she has achieved great results, which is really wonderful. But she is taking so many supplements, a dewormer, had radiation, Zometa, etc., who’s to say what’s working and what’s just another thing she’s putting in her body?

I would just be careful taking all those supplements. That’s a lot for your system to handle, and if you are taking any conventional drugs, the supplements could interfere. My oncology dietician told me to enjoy turmeric with black pepper in my food (avoid supplemental forms) and drink green tea (again, avoiding supplement forms), but to not take them within an hour of taking Ibrance. She told me that stressing about diet choices is more unhealthy than having some sugar now and then, since stress has been linked to cancer progression. She did advise me to go mostly plant-based but to avoid diets that have become cult-like (all the fad ones), since they’re mainly based on anecdotal evidence and tend to prey on vulnerable individuals, such as cancer patients.

I do think a well balanced diet, plenty of exercise, lots of water, meditation, etc., can be very beneficial. And I’m watching these studies on dewormers being used in cancer treatments. There is certainly hope, but we need to ask questions. I wish you luck, if you choose to go down this path! Please do keep us updated!

Hi Michiana,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. With so many different things that Abbey was doing it's hard to pinpoint exactly what worked for her. It may have been a combination of factors.

I agree that a well balanced diet, exercise and water are really important. I also try to get as much as I can from food and drink (rather than supplements) as I can. It's less pills to take!

I have been using mebendazole as part of the COC protocol since April 2019. I plan to carry on for the time being.

Sophie

Yes, turmeric is nice for anti-inflammatory support. One other thing to note if you are looking into it is that forms that are hydro-soluble absorb better.

I will check that out! Currently I mix a quarter teaspoon of ground turmeric with a teaspoon of olive oil, as that helps with absorption. I add black pepper, then I sprinkle in some nutritional yeast and add a couple drops of coco aminos for good flavor, and it comes out tasting really good! My husband and I add it to our toast. 😊 I also like making Indian food, so I use it in that, as well.

Hi Sophie’s & Forum members and Moderators:

I feel I have to be blunt in asking this question:

I just went to the link and I prefer the words she used “actively healing” vs HEALED. Wondering if that could be a general consensus here on this forum or if moderators could step in: as metastatic breast cancer cannot currently be HEALED or CURED? & I would be helped as I suffer severe PTSD since my first go at my stage 1 cancer?

Kills me to think there is no CURE though I thought I had @ my 5-year Cancerversary in 2015. Clean margins after DBM & negative sentinel node. All it took was one “sneaky” breast cancer cell & here I am almost to my 10-year mark (2 years onIbrance/letrozole) & currently @ NED But NO-DOUBT I’m NOT “HEALED or CURED” & my 3 top triggers for PTSD from breast cancer are:

1. PINK FOR CURE MONTH...

2. The term CURED

3. The term HEALED

(Actively healing is great alternative).

Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter. Fondly hoping for a cure someday; & I’d be first in line to walk through FIRE if I thought I’d be allowed to grow old with my husband and be there for my children’s trials and tribulations/crossroads to offer guidance & their possible milestones graduations, marriages, grandchildren someday;

The terms “chronic disease” is a lot easier to swallow vs “terminal illness” especially for me after I was duped into thinking that with clean margins and negative sentinel node biopsy after BM in 2010 that I was likely “cured” of my stage one cancer.

Thanks for your help and thoughts.

I mean no offense to this request.

SophSP
SophSP
in reply to Bailey3266

Hi Bailey,

I have edited the title of this post. I did not realise it would garner so much attention and be so controversial. I simply wanted to share with others what a fellow metastatic breast cancer patient did and how her approach to her disease worked for her.

Sophie

Bailey3266
Bailey3266
in reply to SophSP

Thank you.! I should have asked that question simply. I dunno if I’m capable of simple though! Happy for all others who chose to watch vide andbiew

I really feel the strong heartfelt emotions in your post and agree. I think a lot of us have a form of ptsd being diagnosed with mbc. I too feel PINK is for cured month. I applaud other people’s victory, but October is purgatory for me as I sit here in an ER trying to find out why I can’t swallow only to find some enlarged lymph nodes are pressing against my esophagus. My July scans looked good! This is unrelenting and just when I thought I could skate for a while and go on with the normal side of my life, this. Yes there is treatment for this new development, but it’s tricky and it will be uncomfortable. Sorry to feel so sorry for myself. So many have it so much worse. People who sell hope and a cure better be coming from a place of integrity and proven results. It is cruel to do otherwise to such a vulnerable audience.

Oh Nancy I'm so sorry to read this and that you have troubles with your esophagus again. You are a strong woman and I know you can fight this. I will be thinking of you and hoping for a quick fix and recovery. Please update us when you can. Sending a virtual hug your way. ❤🙏

Sandra

Thanks Sandra. This is a bit scary. I just have to wait and see if there is more to this. Will

Keep you posted 💕

Nancy hope you are feeling better today and there is a plan in place to deal with your symptoms. Thinking of you.

Sandra

Sorry you have had such throat discomfort ... I had a very high temperature a couple of weeks ago with a bad cold , but the worst part was the difficulty swallowing for quite a few days ... I was literally having to gulp to get food down and could only eat gentle foods like avocado and ice cream and was drinking honey and sliced lemon in hot water . It did eventually go away so I’m hoping the same for you x

Sophie

You have an indomitable spirit and I wish you every success in your course of treatment.

Nancy

SophSP
SophSP
in reply to nstonerocks

Hi Nancy,

Thank you! That's very kind of you.

I hope you are now back home from the hospital and that you are feeling better. It must have been so scary not being able to swallow. Please let us know how you are feeling.

Sophie

You may also like...