Supplements and medications that I take - SHARE Metastatic ...

SHARE Metastatic Breast Cancer
2,647 members2,220 posts

Supplements and medications that I take

Hello Ladies,

I just thought I would share the supplements and medications that I take, along with the reasons why I take the ones that are not prescribed.

From the back:

Epsom salt foot soak, Epsom salt bath soak, vegan omega 3 capsules, Montmorency cherry capsules, Adcal D3, apricot seeds.

From the middle row: frankincense, lavender, rosemary, lemon, lime, eucalyptus, orange essential oils, Bach rescue drops, mebendazole, letrozole, atorvastatin, aspirin.

Front row:

Doxycycline, metformin

I like to have a nice relaxing foot soak from time to time, I use Epsom salts in my bath on a daily basis for relaxation, along with the essential oils, which I alternate. I don't use the same ones all the time, although I do apply frankincense oil topically each day to my breast, just one drop twice a day, as the oils are potent and a little goes a long way. I add a few squirts of the Bach Rescue drops to my tongue every once in a while. A friend recommended them ages ago, and this bottle was a gift from her.

The vegan omega 3 is in place of fish oils and were recommended by a naturopath I saw last year, as I don't eat seafood, the Montmorency cherry capsules are good for inflammation and the Adcal D3 was recommended by my oncologist, as she said the tablets would help strengthen my bones. My GP then prescribed them. I take the capsule form, as the chewable tablets contain soya. It means taking double the dose (four a day instead of two).

The apricot seeds were a gift from a friend, who said they have anti-cancer properties and can kill cancer cells, so we shall see if she is right.

The atorvastatin, doxycycline, mebendazole and metformin are prescribed by the COC clinic intended to starve cancer as part of the metabolic approach to cancer. I am giving the protocol two years and if it doesn't work for me then I will look elsewhere, but I am confident it will work.

I also recently added aspirin (75mg) to my daily regime, for its anti-cancer properties, rather than to prevent a heart attack or stroke. I consulted one of my local pharmacists and two doctors before I decided to start taking aspirin. Aspirin is so cheap. I paid 50p in Poundstretcher and 80p from Wilko, so I don't see the point of getting that for free on prescription when I can buy it so cheaply over the counter.

After I have received my test results that Dr Callebout ordered, I will see what else I can do and if I need to add any further supplements.

Sophie

26 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi Sophie,

Thanks for sharing this! I have an appointment for a video consult with the COC next week!

xo Jade

Hi Jade,

You're welcome! I hope your video consultation goes well.

Sophie x

Hi Sophie

The COC doctor told me to use CBD oil for pain and inflammation

I take some of the supplements you do apart from the cherry one although I’ve gorged on pounds of cherries in the last few weeks while they’re in season..my favourite fruit but when there’s no more fresh ones I’ll order the cherry supplement

Barb xx

Hi Barb,

I tried CBD oil, but it wasn't really for me. It's somewhere in my house, but I don't know where it is! A friend gave it to me as a gift.

I feel the same as you about cherries. I absolutely love them and can't get enough of them! They have been on special lately in Tesco and Aldi, so whenever I have seen them I have grabbed a few punnets!

Sophie x

1 like

Hi Barb....I will be starting on the tart cherry capsules today(just waiting for them to arrive from Amazon) and when I checked with my oncology pharmacist yesterday afternoon I actually asked if first it was ok to take with my Ibrance/ Letrozole combo which she said yes too and then I asked is there a difference between the tart cherry supplements whether it's capsules or juice versus eating the fresh ones from the grocery and she said that all the studies show that the anti- inflammatory qualities and pain relief etc have been seen with the tart versions only which don't include the fresh store bought ones which apparently are always the sweet variety. Just thought I'd share.

Sandra

choosecherries.com/tart-tal...

1 like

Haha bloody typical!!

Barb xx

2 likes

Thats so kind and helpful of you to share all this with everyone. Thanks Sophie. I was reading about aspirin the other day but I dont think I can take it as I have diverticular disease. From what Ive read its the resolvin in it so works against cancer cells so I researched that. Seems like its in chia seeds which I already use in soups and add to yogurts and juices. Also in cod liver oil caps so I'll be adding those into my routine in due course too. We could all get new jobs as researchers couldnt we lol. Thanks again. X

2 likes

Hi Mindy,

You're welcome. I just want to help others too if I can. It took me a long time to decide about aspirin, but I am not on warfarin or any other blood thinners. After consulting a pharmacist and two doctors I bought a few packs. Chia seeds are great, aren't they? I like to add them to my porridge or a smoothie. They are so versatile!

I don't think you're far off about how we can get new jobs as researchers! I think my fur friends would miss me if I gave up my business though.

Sophie x

1 like

Thanks for sharing your routine with us Sophie. Definitely the aspirin is cheap to buy over the counter. Unfortunately as I'm on a blood thinner due to my previous pulmonary embolism it's contraindicated for me. The tart cherry capsules I will start today(thanks for the suggestion yesterday) and I have started to apply the frankincense oil topically to my breast tumor...I had gotten that scent in a kit for my diffuser and it frankly stinks so I don't use it that way. My calcium is in normal limits so my oncologist told me it isn't necessary for me to take. That's it for my routine at the moment from your list.

Sandra

Hi Sandra,

You're welcome. I have a medical exemption certificate, so I can get all of my NHS prescriptions for free (you can't normally get them for free in England when you're under retirement age unless you're a child, in full-time education, pregnant, using contraception, on benefits or have a chronic illness) but I didn't want to ask for the aspirin on prescription when it's so cheap to buy over the counter. I think that would have been a bit cheeky.

I hope you get on well with the Montmorency cherry capsules. I am happy with them. I think they must work, as I don't have any pain, or maybe it's something else I am doing; I can't really be sure. I've been working really hard on dealing with underlying causes and problems associated with cancer, such as inflammation, lack of sleep, fatigue and so on. I have also been paying attention to my gut and try to eat or drink something fermented each day (I love kombucha, raw sauerkraut and kimchi). I feel as if I have overcome a lot of those issues since last year, but it is still a work in progress of course. I won't feel that I have really overcome it all until we are all cured or NED.

I must admit I am not keen on the smell of frankincense oil either. But I am happy to add a drop or two to my bath and to apply it topically to my breast. I watched a video where it was discussed. I can't remember who shared the link with me! But the man in the video was talking about his mum and how she would apply frankincense topically to her breast. She did a lot of other things too and I believe she was able to cure herself using an integrative approach. So I am trying to throw lots of different things at this disease, in the hope that something will stick, and that includes conventional medicine too. I will not give up on that.

Sophie x

1 like

Once again Sophie many thanks.

We know that you researched everything you are taking thoroughly.

You're welcome, Marianne. It's my pleasure. I try to look for the best quality supplements and steer clear of those with too many fillers or products I am already taking (ie vitamin D or calcium, as I'm already taking Adcal D3).

Sophie x

Thank you for sharing. What size cherry capsules do you take?

You're welcome. A serving size (two capsules) is 435mg.

Sophie x

Thanks Sophie. I hope this all works for you!! We have to be our own advocate that's for sure.

Kim

You're welcome, Kim. I agree that we have to be our own advocates. It's our lives, after all.

Sophie x

Brilliant idea to take a picture of everything!

Thanks, Marianne!

This looks a lot my wife’s collection, excluding the natural items.

She has an immune booster for neuropenia, only just started. And coral calcium as calcium has been low in bones.

Heard good things about BioBran for immune system but it is eye wateringly expensive.

No curcumin? Any reason?

I’ve heard you should buy Meriva SF curcumin for bioavailability. We haven’t fully decided on sourcing this, I say we but it not really my decision but I think it does have quite a few benefits and low toxicity.

Read is also a potential mood enhance / mild anti-depressant.

Thanks! I asked my pharmacist about curcumin and she said it shouldn't be combined with aspirin. I have just started taking aspirin, so don't want to overdo it and thin my blood. Thanks also for mentioning the other supplements.

Good to know. Thanks.

You're welcome. I didn't question the reasoning any further, so I don't know if my GP or oncologist would say the same thing as the pharmacist. I just thought that if I had to choose between the two I would choose the aspirin.

Thanks for that Sophie, really interesting. I take Boswellia instead of using the Frankincense oil, I think Chris Wark of Chris Beat Cancer fame recommended. I also take chlorella, can't remember why, and the powder is so disgusting it has to be in pill form! Have a great weekend,

Gill x

You're welcome, Gill. I will probably be adding some more supplements soon after I have heard back from Dr Callebout with my recent test results. I think Chris Wark has had some brilliant results since his cancer diagnosis.

Enjoy your weekend too!

Sophie x

Thanks Sophie

That is so informative and kind of you to share.

🙂

You're welcome, Bella.

Sophie ❤

You may also like...