SHARE Metastatic Breast Cancer
2,580 members2,049 posts

Hip pain? New normal? Lies?

So I had radiation for hip pain in November before my leg operations. The pain has come back very intensely - is that the tumour back? Or is it something wrong with the femur pins? Also I have not found anything like a new normal yet. Does it actually happen?

11 Replies
oldestnewest

Check with your doctor is my advice. As for a new normal I haven’t found mine yet after 1 1/2 years.

Neither have I...is there such a thing?

Barb xx

1 like

Hi there

I can’t possibly answer your query..sounds like you need a scan or at least an X-ray so a professional can calm your fears

It’s normal to be scared every pain means cancer but I have pain all over and it moves around sometimes but my scans so far have been stable but you need to know why

Good luck

Barb xx

I had a scan today. Maybe all these drugs to postpone the inevitable just make it worse. The mental anguish is torture x

1 like

Hi there

Sounds like you’re still struggling with the fear of this disease...it’s taken me over a year to not be crying every day and feeling helpless...stick it out and your perception of this will change

Are you still taking the citalopram?..I’ve felt so much better after stopping

Hope your scan results are what you wish..get mine tomorrow...I’ll not sleep tonight

Barb xx

I’m reducing to 5mg this week then stopping. I had a dreadful experience when they prescribed my old dose at 20mg and I didn’t notice for 5 days. X

So sorry for both of us and our children x

Ellie I want to wish you all the best for good results to your scan. It should show if there are issues with your pin or problems with your hip. Can I tell you that when I had my first scan post diagnosis I was a total basket case waiting for the results, cried all the time and all my pains that were previously feeling better all of a sudden all felt more intensified and worst. I thought for sure that my cancer was worst. The mind is very powerful and when I got my results they were stable. As for the new normal.....well honestly there isn't anything in my mind normal about this disease and the life I used to have was so different but as Barb said...you develop a new perspective that even though this isn't the life you wanted there are many reasons to love the life you now have. It takes time. My thoughts are always with you.

Sandra

3 likes

I can’t speak about your hip pain, not my field! As to your new normal, be prepared that it won’t be like your old normal. My new normal me has half the energy she used to have. It took me all day to vacuum my house but the deal was that I did do it, just slower and with more breaks. That’s about the hardest thing for me to do. You new normal has to be about the things you enjoy doing. And you have to actively work to find those things that give you joy and work them into the limitations of your life. Vacuuming doesn’t give me joy but a clean house does! I’m more tired when I do it but I sleep better when I’ve been busy so that’s the positive side. I’m falling asleep now. We can continue this conversation tomorrow if you wish. Good night! Elaine

1 like

I haven't found my new normal either! There is nothing normal about mbc!!!!

1 like

Hi, i had radiotgerapy to my spine almost 2 weeks ago. After an initial flare up of pain which i was warned about i had a few days of being pain free. Now its back and seems constant and worse than before. I'll contact the bc centre today. Im not on any other treatment (my choice) but i have asked for biphosphonates to strengthen my bones.

Keep us updated.

X

You may also like...