Is anyone interested in a recipe exch... - SHARE Metastatic ...

SHARE Metastatic Breast Cancer
3,401 members3,871 posts

Is anyone interested in a recipe exchange?

SophSP
SophSP

Hello Ladies!

Is anyone interested in a recipe exchange? I don't know about you, but since my diagnosis I have made more of an effort to tweak my diet and try new, healthier recipes. I am not the sort of person to eat lettuce leaves for the rest of my life. Here's a picture of a chickpea, cashew, sweet potato, green bean and pineapple curry that I just made this evening. My curry normally consists of chickpeas, onion, tomato and spices, but I wanted to try something a little heartier this time. It is vegetarian, rather than vegan, as I added Greek yoghurt. You could easily make this into a vegan dish.

Sophie x

8 Replies
oldestnewest

I love the idea of a recipe exchange!

SophSP
SophSP
in reply to Wintervt

Let me know if you have any interesting recipes you want to share. Some of the things I have made lately are a chestnut cake, raw vegan carrot cake, homemade Ferrero Rocher, bliss balls, banana soft serve ice cream, banana chocolate and peanut butter ice cream (add almond milk to make it into a smoothie). Some of these are my own concoctions, others are ones I have been given by friends and family, or read about. If you want any of these recipes let me know and I will give them to you. x

Wintervt
Wintervt
in reply to SophSP

I would love the recipes for the following: raw vegan carrot cake, homemade Ferrero Rocher, bliss balls, banana soft serve ice cream. I work full time and have two school age daughters so I struggle with healthy meal prep.

SophSP
SophSP
in reply to Wintervt

OK, here goes:

Raw vegan carrot cake by the Minimalist baker (This took me 3 hours to make, but I am sure it is because I took so long assembling and blending everything. I was a bit slow)

minimalistbaker.com/raw-car...

Homemade Ferrero Rocher by Gemma Stafford (I love her site!) I didn't have any hazelnuts, so I improvised with walnuts, cashews and peanuts until I had enough nuts for the recipe.

biggerbolderbaking.com/home...

Bliss balls (A friend gave me this recipe. There are different variations of it online)

24 pitted dates

1/4 cup almonds

2tbsp raw cacao powder (I use an organic unsweetened variety that I bought off Amazon) plus some for rolling

1tbsp organic coconut oil

Blend all ingredients and roll into 24 balls, and roll in some cacao powder until coated. Then pop them into the fridge. They taste like truffles and are much healthier! The rolling is the most laborious part of this recipe, but it is worth it. They keep fresh in the fridge for a few days.

Banana soft serve ice cream (I got this from one of Kris Carr's books)

3 bananas

Freeze the bananas and then just blend them for a while until they reach the right consistency. This is so simple and I do not miss regular ice cream after trying this. If I fancy a chocolatey taste then I will add a tablespoon of raw cacao powder and it gives it a nice taste. Or I sometimes add natural peanut butter. For a smoothie I add unsweetened almond milk to thin it out and it is really delicious!

Enjoy the recipes! x

Wintervt
Wintervt
in reply to SophSP

Hi Sophie,

Thank you! I have some vacation time, so I'm excited to try these recipes! Hope you have a lovely holiday! Sending love!

xo Jade

SophSP
SophSP
in reply to Wintervt

Hi Jade,

You're welcome! I hope you enjoy the recipes. When I decided to drastically reduce my sugar intake and cut out soya I realised I could either go without or try to make healthier options of the food I enjoy, so guess which choice I made?! Some of these recipes are really easy to make, which is what I like. I don't like spending hours in the kitchen making complicated dishes. I enjoyed all the recipes I shared with you. I was just put off by the raw vegan carrot cake, as it took me so long to make and it was fiddly. I bought 10lb of bananas this evening. I plan to freeze some for future use and give some to my dad and one of my brothers.

Enjoy your time off. Other than a dog walk on Sunday (I run my own pet sitting and dog walking business), I just have cats to see until the New Year, so I am looking forward to some downtime too.

I might even get the odd lie in!

Love Sophie x

Happy Holidays: Sister/warrior That pot of food looks delicious, and I am sure it tasted yummy in your tummy as my nephew would say. I almost always do meatless Mondays, and eat fish 3-4 times a week. I have always made delicious, and healthy versions of traditionally unhealthy recipes. Years ago my drug of choice had me previously supporting the sugar industry. I currently use the natural sweetener Stevia with a small amount of sugar to sweeten the foods, I would have previously used sugar to sweeten. If you use only Stevia in your recipes , with no sugar added, especially in your desserts, the flavor will be lacking. it won't taste right. I experimented on some cup cakes a couple of years ago. Yuck. I just prepared an additional 6 pies 2 days ago, totaling 13 sweet potato pies using only 1 tablespoon of sugar, and 1 tablespoon of Molasses, along with Stevia powder and other ingredients per pie. I consumed two slices today. Yummy in my tummy. Now the brown sugar I have stored may expire before I can use it all. Nooooooooo Diabetes won't be chasing me. I thank God for our beautiful natural garden of Eden. Food is medicine. Happy Holidays. My sister(s)/warrior(s). XoXoXo