SHARE Metastatic Breast Cancer
2,597 members2,092 posts

Has anyone tried any alternative treatments in Mexico?

Hello Ladies,

I have one more question before I go to bed. Has anyone tried any alternative treatments in Mexico? I was talking to my sister-in-law this evening (who also has cancer) and we got onto the subject of alternative treatments in Mexico. Does anyone have a personal experience they would care to share? Was it successful at putting you into remission? I was reading up on Angeles hospital in Tijuana and am curious to know more. It's a long way to travel as I am in the UK, but I am up for it if the hospital is reputable and can make a real difference.

Goodnight!

Sophie x

11 Replies
oldestnewest

Sophie,

I don't know anything about it but would be extremely careful. There are a lot of quacks out there trying to make money off of our situation. Best of luck to you. Blessings, Hannah

3 likes

Hi Hannah,

Thank you for your response. I was thinking the same too. I am very cautious when I am researching things and don't want to do anything that may prove pointless or at worst, harmful. I have been looking around the UK for alternative treatments too. I would rather stay closer to home if something does come up. I contacted a hospital in London recently to ask if I would qualify for immunotherapy and I was told it's only being offered to triple negative breast cancer patients at the moment. So I shall keep looking.

Thanks again,

Sophie x

Dear Sophie, I would research very carefully before flying off to Mexico. Also, and I could be wrong, but I would think the forward thinking research hospitals in Mexico would be in Mexico City, not Tijuana. I used to live in San Diego (just over the border here in the US) and "TJ" is not the nicest of cities. Cool to visit, but I would trust my health there.

Dear Diamags,

Thanks for sharing your insight. My husband is American and he said the same thing about Tijuana. He visited Mexico some years ago and he said Tijuana was rundown, but I've never been to Mexico so have nothing to base my own views on. I don't like to judge places I have never visited. I lived in California (in Marysville) for over 5 years and the furthest south I got to travel was Oceanside. I was keen to cross the border into Mexico, but my husband was not. He said it wasn't safe. I would rather stay closer to home here in the UK while looking for alternative treatment or further afield in Europe. I was also reading that there might be suitable alternative therapies in Germany. But I was just curious to learn if anyone had any positive experiences with alternative therapies in Mexico.

Thanks again,

Sophie x

I have heard and read a lot of good things about the Mexico clinic and I would not write it off. If my Mets spread more, my first step will be to get tumor sequencing. Then I would consider the clinic. I too have been to tiajuana, twice, and it is very sketchy! Not a comfortable place to spend any time. With that said, if I think I am on my way out, what the hell. I think their approach is good And works for some to go Into remission.

But I have recently read and heard about a treatment center In turkey, that might be a better option for you.

Thanks for your message. I appreciate it.

Sophie x

Please can you tell me more about the Turkey treatment place?

All the people I've known who have gone to Mexico for cancer treatment are dead! Sorry to be blunt, but frankly, I've been at this mbc thing for a long time (since 3/2004) and have met several people who have wanted to try alternative treatment and have gone to Mexico and I don't think any of them has lived for two years after going there. The son of a friend who had melanoma went there and died very soon after coming home. There are so many crazy ideas out there.....

1 like

There's no need to apologise. I want to know what people's experiences are, so I am glad you let me know about cases you have personally heard about. Thanks for that.

Sophie x

Do you have any tips as to how you are doing so well? X

Were the people who went already very sick? X

You may also like...