SHARE Metastatic Breast Cancer
1,989 members1,283 posts

November is shaping up to be a busy month!

Hello Ladies!

How is everyone today? It is finally Friday, which can only mean one thing: it's the weekend!

I had my pneumonia jab this afternoon. My oncologist sent me a letter recommending I get a flu and pneumonia jab this season (I get the flu jab every year anyway, and had it done at the beginning of October). When I saw the duty nurse today, she took one look at me and asked why I was there! I am young and healthy looking, so I think that throws people sometimes! I told her my oncologist had advised me to get a pneumonia jab. She then said it's a new thing calling cancer patients in for pneumonia jabs to help boost their immune system.

Next Monday I am having a CT scan, complementary therapy on the 8th, followed by a blood test on the 12th, a cervical screening on the 15th, I am seeing my oncologist on the 19th and on the 20th I am having my next Zometa infusion. I'm off to Switzerland for a few days on the 21st, but as soon as I get back I am having my seventh Zoladex injection and a trip to the dentist's (both on the 27th). I must say I do feel like I am being well taken care of.

Does anyone else have a busy month ahead?

Have a good weekend!

Sophie x

104 Replies
oldestnewest

Sophie, You are fantastic. Always coming up with fun things to talk about. I have my Faslodex shot mid November, then the Shrink the next weekend. Nov 8-11 my husband and I and another couple we are friendly with from New Hampshire (love New Hampshire) are spending a weekend in Woodstock NY. Yes, the Woodstock of Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, The Band, etc. fame. 1969. Who else remembers those days? There are still some aging hippies there. Some nice little quirky shops, restaurants. I want to sip some wine (Yes, I know I shouldn't drink on Ibrance, but I will have a glass or two), stare at the mountains and have a good chat and some good food. Nov 6 is my birthday and it is a hallmark one for me (65, ouch). I'll spend it signing up for Medicare, and voting for the next crook in the Senate. One consolation of getting older is getting older. Another is allowing yourself the luxury of being a little crazy and not having to please everybody anymore. Or is it anybody anymore???

1 like

Hi Nstonerocks!

I don't know about that! But thank you.

It sounds like you have an interesting month ahead too. I hope you have a good time in New York and get to relax and enjoy yourself with your husband and friends. I like the sound of the quirky shops. I enjoy having a nice look around quaint little shops and taking my time when I am on holiday. When you are not in any rush you can just go at your own pace and I like that!

For now it's the start of the weekend, so I intend to relax! Have fun!

Sophie x

1 like

Hi! My birthday is the 5 th of November and I turn 65. Happy Birthday to us. Hope you enjoy your getaway. Figuring out Medicare and supplemental insurance to cover my ongoing treatment was scary. I think I have it all resolved.

Happy Birthday 🎈 to us and many more! I just started looking into this stuff. I plan on working another few years. I am particularly concerned about paying for Ibrance, if it’s still working for me. Right now I don’t pay a penny. A woman from Medicare called me back and went thru it and said right now Express Scripps was my best option for meds, and The first copay is $2400. After that, I fall into the donut 🍩 hole and pay about $550 a month. Still a lot of money. There are assistance programs if you earn under $23000 as a single person or about $43000 as a couple. They don’t look at assets. Good luck going forward. This really shouldn’t be so difficult as it is. Again, have a fantastic 🎂 Birthday!

I am a retired teacher. I signed up for AARP Plan F . Express Scripts. My hospital pharmacy called me and said my co pay will now be $51.00 for Ibrance. Not bad. I was already retired when I was diagnosed.

I’m a school nurse, but won’t retire with health insurance from the job as I don’t have 25 years in. I’ll take your copay any day! Good for you.

I am 68 and glad I choose the highest Medicare plan, highest drug plan and highest suppliment plan! It gets really tough with Ibrance as you can no longer get on the standard drug help from

Pharmaceutical companies. You can work it out but now niot so easy

Just turned 65 in May. Also have spent alot of time in Woodstock! Love it. My late husband played harmonica with the Band on live gigs 1999 - 2001! I got to meet Levon, Rick, Garth, Randy Chialante and Jim Weider! Very nice people! Also met John Sebastion from the Lovin Spoonful, John Hammond and Tom Pacheco! One of the happiest times of my life! Check out Big Pink while you are up there and maybe catch a show at Levon Helms Studio! Ah the good old days! Enjoy

1 like

OMG! We are going to Levon Helms barn for a concert. love It there. Also love the Tibetan Buddhist Monestary, which may not have been there during the day. Woodstock is still a bit rumpled around the edges, which is part of why I love it, but “rich” people are moving in and slowly changing it. Still a free spirit vibe up there.

Glad the vibe is still there! It is a magical place!!!!! Got my first tatoo up there too! My husband and I were going to move there but he passed away.

I’m sorry your husband didn’t get to fulfill that dream. The whole Area up there is hopping. Saugerties is an option for people who can’t afford Woodstock. I like it around Phoenicia, especially near the river. The Phoenicia diner is wonderful.

Happy birthday for the 6th! You share it with both my mother and husband - obviously a good day to be born! :-)

1 like

Sophie how are you feeling after the flu shot and the pneumonia shot? Are these to prevent the flu and pneumonia? I am wondering if we should all get these, if they really boost the immune system. What have you learnt from your dr? Also, the dentist visit is it for major work or cleaning? Enjoy your few days away, not thinking , no stress and just being. Looking forward to hearing more from you as you are an inspiration. When I need a pick me up, there you are.

Hi Juliandrea!

I had my flu vaccine on 11th October and my arm was just sore for a day or so. I had my pneumonia vaccine today and I don't feel any ill effects from that. The nurse said it will protect me as our immune systems are compromised during treatment (I'm not having chemotherapy though, so I'm not sure if that still applies). I get the flu jab every year anyway. My oncologist recommended both, so I did as I was told and booked the pneumonia jab for today. If you are thinking of getting both, I would suggest contacting your oncologist to see what they have to say.

I see my dentist once every three months for check-ups because when I first started treatment my oncology nurses gave me a letter to give to my dentist to mention the risk of osteonecrosis from the Zometa infusions. That's if major dental work is carried out though, so when I see him again later this month I will ask if I can go back to yearly check-ups. He prescribes me fluoride toothpaste to protect my teeth. I also see my hygienist more often and that's for cleans. Again, my teeth are fine. So I think it's all precautionary.

Thanks for the well wishes! I just have so much to get through before I head off to Switzerland. I need to take a crash course in Swiss German before I head off, as I like to be able to converse in other languages whenever I travel.

Take care and have a good weekend!

Sophie x

1 like

Thank you Sophie you are so great. I will ask my oncologist next time I see him as of course if this helps the immune system why not!! But I am on Ibrance so will have to double check. He didn’t say don’t get the flu shot and he never asked me when I saw him a few weeks ago if I got the flu shot either. We have to be off zometa for a bit before and after major dental work, cleaning is ok, but how long should we be off before major work is done, do you know?

You're welcome, Juliandrea! I agree it's best to check with your oncologist to see what he says about the flu and pneumonia vaccines. I spoke too soon about the pneumonia vaccine. I woke up with a sore arm this morning. Arrgh! I would also ask about how long you have to be off Zometa if you are planning to have major dental work done, as I can't answer that question. I was told that if a cancer patient is having an extraction then that increases the risk of osteonecrosis. Perhaps it's because it may take us longer to recover and there is a greater risk of infection, but I don't know for sure.

Sophie ❤

I am in the UK and so far haven’t been offered the pneumonia vaccine , but I have had the flu vaccine two winters running now . I am on ibrance 125mg and I just had it on my week off ibrance , with no problems at all and It didn’t affect my bloods . Best be protected ! x

Hi Teddielottie,

Like you, I have kept myself protected by getting the flu vaccine regularly. I've had it every year for the last 15 or 16 years or so. I learned about the pneumonia vaccine when I received a letter from my oncologist recommending I get it done. When I saw the duty nurse yesterday she said it's a new policy to offer it to cancer patients.

Sophie x

1 like

Hi Teddie

In UK and not been offered either!

Barb xx

I arranged my own flu jab , by ringing my GP practice and got one for my husband too ! x

Don’t think I’ll bother

Barb xx

Hi Barb,

That's strange! I'm in Suffolk. Perhaps it's different where you live. I would ask about it though if you are interested in getting the flu and pneumonia vaccines.

Sophie x

Yes I’ll investigate

We went to Suffolk in June..stayed in Southwold..so beautiful..I miss the sea so much living in Nottingham..I was born in Hartlepool and spent my childhood messing about on the beach

Barb xx

Hi Barb,

I'm glad you had a good time during your holiday in Southwold. We have some lovely beaches in Suffolk (or maybe I am just biased as I am from here!) Have you been to any others? Felixstowe is really nice too. We also like to visit some of the quieter seaside towns in Norfolk. Gorleston is one of our favourites, as it's normally so quiet and not as touristy as Great Yarmouth, although with the heatwave we had over the summer even Gorlesteon was packed to the gills on some days. One day we went and there was no parking on the seafront, so we had to park further up and we walked into town for some lunch instead of relaxing on the beach. That must have been great growing up in Hartlepool. I've never been there, but it must have been nice getting to visit the beach so much as a child.

Sophie x

Hi Sophie

Yes we went to Some other beaches in Suffolk and they were super

I think we have the seaside in our blood..we are an island race after all

I like to ride horses on the beach and take them in the sea..best ever was in the Algarve ..galloped for miles on the hard sand by the waves..crazy and beautiful

Barb xx

Hi Barb!

Yes, I agree that we must have the sea in our blood. I love visiting the coast and relaxing on the beach, dipping my toes into the North Sea (I'm not brave enough to swim in the icy waters!) and having an ice cream. If you decide to visit East Anglia again, you should definitely go to Gorleston. They have the best ice cream parlour (right by the beach) called Dimascio's.

I hope you can get back to horseriding again once you feel strong enough to do so. Your horses must be great therapy for you.

Enjoy the rest of your day. I am still debating about whether to go ahead and bake a carrot cake or if I want to be a lazy slob for the rest of the day.

Sophie x

Hi Sophie

Rode yesterday and today with my daughter and her horse..she keeps an eye on me!!!

Just short rides but it so made me feel good..in some pain now but will relax with the Sunday papers

Make the scrummy cake!!

Barb xx

Hi Barb!

That is great! I bet you felt better afterwards. Your horse had probably missed you and was happy to see you.

Yes Miss...I'll scurry off into the kitchen and do as I am told!

Sophie x

Hi Sophie

I see him even if I don’t ride..he knows me well..had him for over 10 years and he whinnies when I show up !!

Quite impressed with the cake making..I’m rubbish at stuff like that..enjoy it..I’m sure it’s calorie free lol

Barb XX

Hi Barb!

That is so sweet about your horse. He sounds quite attached to you.

I never used to like making cakes, but I have developed a taste for it in recent months as I have been on my quest to find healthier recipes so I don't feel deprived. Here's a link to the recipe I used:

minimalistbaker.com/raw-car...

It created such a mess in the kitchen and used about a dozen or so appliances, bowls, spoons and so on, but I think it was worth it. It's in the freezer at the moment!

By the way, I have been meaning to pick your brains, as you're a dentist. I have Zometa infusions once every three months. Do you think it is necessary for me to see my dentist four times a year? That's what he wants. My oncology nurses said I am at increased risk of osteonecrosis, but I have not had any extractions or major dental work done in years. I had my wisdom teeth extracted, but that was about 12 or so years ago.

Sophie x

Hi Sophie

It’s difficult to advise as I don’t know your teeth..they may be absolutely perfect!! I would follow your dentists advice..even more important to have regular hygienist appointments especially if you have any gum problems

When I was still working (only 6 months ago) quite a few of my patients had bone strengthening injections for mainly osteoporosis but I never had any patient have a problem with routine treatment..fillings/scaling etc...if they needed extensive treatments like periodontal surgery or wisdom teeth removal then I would refer to a maxillofacial consultant

Osteonecrosis is very rare

Hope that helps

Barb xx

Hi Barb,

That is reassuring to know. Thank you! I was seeing my hygienist once a year, but I see her every six months now. Like my dentist, she is also pleased with my teeth. I have been scared of osteonecrosis since I first heard about it. But it is good to know it is rare and unlikely to occur. I'm seeing my oncologist in two weeks, so I shall talk to her about it too and see what she says.

Thanks again,

Sophie x

Glad to hear you are back with your joy!!! Keep it up even if you can’t ride that day. Be With your horse. He/she will teach you alot

He’s a gelding called Bugsy..love him

Barb xx

1 like

He is your place of peace, you need him daily.

Definitely!!

Barb cc

Thank you for that . You are absolutely right. Happy to hear you haven’t had any problems. I hear people get sick after the flu shot, that’s what scares me. But the more protected we are the better.

I’m going to check out the flu shot. They have a new super flu shot for seniors. Might be good for any immunocompromised person. Usually told to get these shots in my off week.

1 like

Hi Nrocks,

I hope you get it sorted out with the flu vaccine. I have been getting the nasal spray for the last few years or so, but I had the injection this year. I don't mind what form it comes in as long as it offers good protection.

Sophie x

Next year ask fir flu shot WITHOUT preservatives!! Big difference! You will most likely not get a reaction

Thank you for this information. Didn’t even know there was such a thing. Have you been getting the flu shot? If so, when do you get it usually.

YES, huge difference!! I always avoided flu shots because my arm would swell up as if someone hit me with a baseball bat. My pharmacist, last year, told me that you can find vaccines without preservative for those that are immunosuppressed, or sensitive, etc. So, I did it last year with NO reaction for the first time ever and same this year. I also had the pneumonia shot without preservatives! ALL the difference! You have to ask between your doctor and the local pharmacies, some have them, some do not.

MY Primary told me that she has the same problem with preservatives. Nobody advertises it as I think they just have so many more with preservatives and want to sell those

I get the flu shot reluctantly. But did so this year about two weeks ago. So I am not in a pattern but there is alot of flu going around already, so I did it

Ok thank you so much for your insight. I know you are a long time survivor and I enjoy reading your posts. You are such an inspiration and a wealth of information. You are positive for estrogen right? Have you ever taken a drug like ibrance or are you only on the drug that stops the estrogen. ?

I am estrogen positive, stage 4. 20 years stage 3, then some pleural fluid build up and slightly enhanced lining of my left lung. I started on letrozole, once again. I did take it for 4 years about 11 years ago stopped. I began again with letrozole in December 2017 when diagnosed again. Ibrance started in January with the typical 125 mgs. but did not tolerate well--took for two weeks then off and two weeks wait then started 100 mgs which I want to be 75 mgs but here I am for now. My fluid went away and lung enhancement diminished even before I began the Ibrance, then at 6 months scans looked good, no fluid and some thickening which could be scar tissue. I will have my third scans in January as I do not want to upset everyone at Christmas with, if only, anxiety, I feel good when I do not take Ibrance but Ibrance is tolerable. I just do not believe this is the way to go for getting rid of cancer. Killing all the good bone marrow needed to survive makes little sense to me. So, I am hoping that the new immunotherapy for BC comes sooner than later. How old are you?

1 like

Sorry to butt in here, but I contacted a hospital over here in the UK recently about the benefits of immunotherapy and whether I would qualify for this type of treatment. They said that at the moment it's only being offered to breast cancer patients who are triple negative, not to those of us who are oestrogen receptor-positive. I hope that will soon change. What do you think?

Yes, that is true here as well. It should be another couple of years. That does not seem that long. I will be interested what is said at the San Antonio conference next month. You can access that online after. So, you live in UK? Where?

Thanks for letting me know about the conference. Will it be posted on here? I live in Suffolk, which is a county in East Anglia. I am hopeful that immunotherapy will be able to benefit us too. I would be willing to travel to America for treatment. That's where all my in-laws live.

Where in the states

They live all over. Some are in Washington State, Minnesota, Montana, California, Colorado and Utah. I also had an uncle who lived in Nevada before he repatriated. I lived in North Carolina and California for 7 years total.

Wow, you are not kidding --all over the states!1

Yes, they are pretty spread out, aren't they?! My husband was in the US Air Force, hence the reason why I lived in America with him while he was on active duty. I never did get used to the long distances though! When we were moving back to the UK from North Carolina (the first time I lived over there), we drove all the way over to Montana, stopping off in Colorado, Utah, Nevada, Idaho and then finishing up in Montana where most of my husband's family lives. What an experience!

Our country is quite diverse and beautiful. So many wonderful things to see and explore. I’m glad you had that experience!

I gave been to UK three times. Once toured the continent and other times just England. I love it there as well. My youngest son went to oxford for a while and that was a great, yet grueling experience!!

Yes, you're right. I really loved the Sierra Nevada mountains in California. It was stunningly beautiful there, and so was Asheville in North Carolina. My husband is from north-west Montana, not far from Glacier National Park. It's very pretty there too.

I'm glad you liked the UK. We are a very diverse nation over here too, even though we are a small island nation comparable in size to Wyoming or Oregon.

Sophie x

All very beautiful areas! And we have so many others!!

Oh yes! There are so many. It would take a while to list them all, but these are some of the ones that stood out to me.

Thank you for your reply. I am 53

I didn't know about that! Thank you for mentioning the preservatives.

Sophie , Yes my November is busy too! Bloodwork Monday, first CT scan on the 16th, visit with onc for results Nov 20th and faslodex shots the same day!! We just keep moving forward! Enjoy Switzerland! How cool!

Hi Marianne,

It sounds like you have a very busy November too. I hope it all goes well with your blood test, CT scan, visit with your oncologist and the Fasolex injections. You're right; we do keep moving forward. Onwards to better health, I say!

I'm looking forward to going to Switzerland. I know it will be cold, but I am going to try and absorb the culture and have a good time with my husband. I really need a change of scenery from the doctor's surgery, pharmacy, health clinic and the oncology department at the hospital.

Sophie x

Hi Sophie

Switzerland has just had mega snowfalls..earlier than normal for November..are you skiing?.. be good if you are

Barb xx

Hi Barb,

I have never gone skiing in my life! Knowing me, I will end up falling over and breaking a bone! I don't plan to go skiing while I am in Switzerland. I am happy to just go site seeing.

Sophie x

Hi

Yes I used to fall over a lot when I skied so maybe give that a miss..just enjoy the beautiful scenery and food/wine

Barb xx

Hi Barb!

Thank you. It looks like we will be less than an hour from Lake Lucerne, so hopefully we can go there.

Sophie x

Sophie

This is what you deserve..a fabulous holiday

Barb xx

Thank you, Barb! I've not been anywhere since a trip to Barcelona last year.

I think more holidays are needed!!

Barb xx

Hi Barb,

I agree! I do have a few more in the pipeline. I'm off to Iceland in January and a weekend trip to Denmark in February.

Sophie x

Hope you have a great time

Thank you! I am looking forward to it.

You sound like a true planner and "go for it" woman! Your post made me smile with all its enthusiasm and positivity! Have a wonderful vacay in Switzerland! LIVE LIFE!! XXOO Linda

Hi Linda,

Yes, I am a planner and dealing with this situation is no different. I read, research, take notes and when I see my oncologist I brief her on what I have been up to, how I am feeling and what I want to know as we move forward.

Thanks for your kind words!

Sophie x

Any of you ladies try the Budwig diet?

I have heard of it, but I have not tried it. What does it involve?

You can get the book on Amazon. Much of the general diet I already have changed to for the past year. The cottage cheese/flaxseed oil is quite unique. I hate cottage cheese and thought it might be intolerable. BUT, I actually really like it. I do top with extra flax seeds-ground and organic seedless cut up grapes and eat the small amount twice a day--morning before food and nighttime before bed. I enjoy it. I also do intermittent fasting--that's another thing that makes me feel best. You can read online her science to the diet--quite fascinating to me and believable--so I thought--it cant hurt!!

Thanks for your response. I will have to look into it some more and see if it's something that would suit me or not.

where do you live and how old are you? Are you //ER+ and were you previously diagnosed before this round?

I live in the UK, and am 39 years old. I am ER+ and was diagnosed with breast cancer in March of this year, and then told it was metastatic two months later. It's the first time I have had breast cancer.

Okay, I was a bit older at 48 but, probably as you, considered to be very aggressive BC with 7 positive lymph nodes from a very small 1cm tumor. That freaked me out initially and this time I thought, "who cares" So, it is very aggressive--I lived in remission with very aggressive for 21 years now!!

I suspect when immuno is available here i will be there as well.

You have done so well! That really gives me hope.

Sing and laugh every day! And your cells don’t know the difference between a fake laugh and real one!!!

I laugh a lot, so that helps! I try not to take myself too seriously anymore.

This cancer business is a full time job without anything else! :-)

1 like

It certainly is, Julie! I attended a cancer forum in September and the chairman (who is living with stage 3/4 cancer) said he could not imagine what it's like to be going through cancer when you are of working age still trying to slot in appointments, treatments and so forth. Well, I am one of those people! But I am fortunate really because I do not have a boss to worry about when I need to take time off for treatments or to see my oncologist, as I run my own business. So I am quite flexible and can change times and sometimes the days that I need to work.

Sophie x

A woman after my own heart! My oncologist suggested that I was trying to do too much last week :-)

I have a boss but she is absolutely fantastic about me taking time for different appointments. I’d really struggle is she wasn’g so understanding and supportive.

I don’t think i’m doing too much and when I do I will slow down- as I told my oncologist - though I am writing this sitting on a hotel balcony watching the sea in fuerta Ventura:-)

3 likes

Nice!!! Enjoy

Your oncologist sounds like he is trying to look out for you. That's good you have such an understanding boss. My husband takes paid sick leave when he attends my appointments. I appreciate that. His colleague is very understanding, as her daughter died from a heart condition when she was about 30. So she knows how important it is for me to have support at my appointments. My husband doesn't attend all of them with me though, such as my complementary therapy sessions and I will probably attend my next infusion treatment on my own. But he will come with me on Monday to my CT scan and again later in the month when we see my oncologist. He doesn't need to always be there if I am having a blood test or my Zoladex injection.

Have fun in Fuerteventura. I love being by the sea!

Sophie

my oncologist is lovely and he is looking after me. I told him I was getting breathless walking up the stairs at work, he asked why I didn’t take the lift and then laughed because it hadn’t even occurred to me! He told me that so many of his patients with mbc became superwomen, fitting in far more than other people and he warned me to be aware of it and not to burn myself out.

Don’t know if you’ve been to Switzerland before but it is beautiful. I have very happy memories of my time living on the German/Austrian border and In southern Germany. A beautiful area! 😊

Your oncologist sounds lovely and as if he really cares for you, Julie. I feel that mine cares too, but she is not the cuddly, fluffy type. She reminds me of Doc Martin (but I like her approach!) That's good advice about taking things easy though. I am busy too, but I make time to rest. It's important to try and spend some time resting each day.

I've not been to Switzerland before. It's going to be my first trip. Then I am off to Iceland in January and a weekend trip to Denmark in February.

Sophie x

You must really like the snow!! Hope you have a great time 😊

Yes, I don't mind the snow at all. When I lived abroad I hardly ever saw any snow. I had such a hard time over the summer when we had a heatwave.

Well, except for when I lived in North Carolina (it snowed in winter) and if we visited Montana in the winter.

Yep, I spend all my time reading, listening to podcasts and changing my lifestyle and diet, etc. There is so very much to learn and we are fortunate to be in this time when this information is easily accessible. I appreciate all your updates from all you wonderful women!!! Keep it coming!!

There is a lot to learn. I am normally very careful with my diet, but I was naughty today! I had chips with my sandwich at lunchtime and crisps later on.

Hey, I had two glasses of Dubonnet last night with dinner--weekend treat. You gotta live! , Although, for me giving up, 95 % of the time--with occasional cheating--most all sugar and all flour, has made a huge difference in my health. I am Italian--so not easy. But, I have noticed a big difference and how bad I feel when I do have a little of that pasta, etc. I got rid of all bad oils in my home and cleaned up so many more things. Truthfully, I feel much better eating this way. Intermittent fasting has been a great benefit as well. I want to stay alive to see my other 3 children married and hopefully some grandchildren!!

1 like

You're right! I am sure the odd cheat day here and there won't make much difference. One thing I thought I would find hard to give up is chocolate. But I am doing really well with that and other sweets. Now I just make my own healthy goodies (mostly vegan even though I am not vegan) if I fancy something sweet. I have gathered all the ingredients I need to make a vegan carrot cake, so I might go ahead and make that tomorrow while my husband is golfing. I bought some coconut flour yesterday, so I shall see how I get on with that. I am getting rid of things in the house that are not good too. It has been a gradual process over time. I can't make all the changes all at once. I am also more careful when I eat out and try to make healthier menu choices. I am sure you will get to see your children married and the birth of grandchildren too. My goal is to grow old with my husband. I have a way to go with that, but it is still my goal!

You know, people do it all the time!! Stage 4 cancer patients many alot more sick than we are and they go into complete remission after told there is no more treatment for them. So, why not you. BUT, you need to start visualization, deep breathing and many other things. Look up on TED talks about breathing--there are some good ones. Visualization, learn tapping--look up online Dr Joe Dispenza and Nick Orter and look up YOUtube and energy routine by a lively lady named Donna Eden. Try a shortened energy routine in your shower every morning and the tapping is life changing.

Thanks for the encouragement. I just don't want my age to go against me. I was reading a while back that younger patients such as myself tend to fare badly compared to women who are diagnosed later in life. But the longer I live with this disease and the more I do to take charge of my health the better I feel.

Supposedly, it’s whetger you are pre menopausal or post. I , as you are, was pre. That scared the crap out of me THEN. Well, poor prognosis to the wind! Screw statistics, seriously. We need to stop giving them so much credence.i am not a statistic nor are you. If it others can beat this , do can you! This is not positive thinking stuff it’s real. Keep busy? Learn how you personally can bring peace intonyour life and joy EVERY day. That is the best thing you can do fir yourself!!

1 like

Thank you! I don't read statistics (I did at first and that really scared me) and I refuse to be beaten or give in.

3 lashing for you!

I think I deserve that! But as long as it's a tongue lashing telling me off!

You may feel silly in the beginning and after a while you won't give a crap!

1 like

You may also like...