Meet Gravy, Spud, Cabbage and Harris ... - SHARE Metastatic ...

SHARE Metastatic Breast Cancer

4,054 members4,814 posts

Meet Gravy, Spud, Cabbage and Harris the sheep!

SophSP
SophSP

Hello Ladies!

I am guilty of adding a second animal post in as many days, but I just couldn't resist. While I was out first thing this morning walking my first client's dog of the day I came across these four sheep: Gravy, Spud, Cabbage and Harris. They were so friendly and let me stroke them. They seemed fascinated by Rocko, the dog I was walking. I often come across squirrels, muntjac deer, horses, and sheep during my dog walks! Seeing these sheep made my day and brought a smile to my face.

Enjoy your day!

Sophie x

17 Replies

Me too! Bet they wish they could come for a walk, too! 🐑

SophSP
SophSP in reply to nstonerocks

You know what?! I bet they did! The sheep followed me as far as they could go to the end of the wire fence and then we said our goodbyes. Hopefully they will still be in the field next time I am round that way.

Thanks for sharing I wish I could run across something that cute.

SophSP
SophSP in reply to Betbop

You're welcome! It was so nice to get to stroke the sheep. I've seen sheep in different fields further along, but they were not as friendly as these ones were!

TOTALLY LOVE THIS POST!! 😂😂 Harris sounds like an outlier among all those comfort foods! 😂

SophSP
SophSP in reply to SeattleMom

Yes, there's got to be one who is the odd one out!! 😂😂

What a great place to be able to take walks. Where is this? All I get to see when I walk is more and more houses but I try and look at the beauty of the neighbors yards but would love to be able to walk in nature more.

Hi Kim,

Thank you! I live in Suffolk, a county in England. It's quite rural where I live, but still close to major towns and cities. I live an hour from the North Sea.

Sophie x

Hidden
Hidden in reply to SophSP

I seem to remember Suffolk as being very lovely with pink houses! Lovely place to live I would think. Enjoy

SophSP
SophSP in reply to Hidden

Hi Izzy,

Yes, Suffolk is a lovely place to live. We have our fair share of pink houses, and thatched roof cottages too, which adds to the charm of our county.

Sophie x

Hidden
Hidden

Love them. Every little smile helps. I think I am currently trying to "sell" a Heuglins Robin (white browed robin chat??) which sings incredibly loudly from the top of a stump outside my bedroom window - at 4.00am! Nobody else seems to want him. Actually the birds (even robin) make me smile every morning when I go out: we have barbets breeding in a hole in a log and loads of little mannikins at the seed feeders. And now the various weavers are turning bright yellow, the bishops are getting their red Sunday best on and the male sunbirds are always beautifully polished. So the day starts well.

Keep your smile.

Izzy

SophSP
SophSP in reply to Hidden

Sorry for my late response, Izzy! I just read your message. Enjoy the birds. I love to hear birds singing.

Take care,

Sophie ❤

It is really nice to walk and see animals and enjoy

SophSP
SophSP in reply to PLASEM

Yes, it certainly is! I saw the sheep last week too and they seemed pleased to see me.

All the best,

Sophie ❤

Thank-you for this beautiful picture of God's green earth, an lovely sheep. Yes it put a smile on my face.

SophSP
SophSP in reply to RLN-overcomer

You're welcome! I'm glad the picture put a smile on your face. I have seen these sheep twice more since I took this picture (last Thursday and today). They are so sweet and very friendly!

Sophie x

Afternoon Ladies!

For those of you who have read about my sheep pals Gravy, Spud, Cabbage and Harris, I thought you might like an update on them. When I saw them last week, they came over to the fence to be made a fuss of. Then as I was saying goodbye to them I met their owner in a different field as he was fixing a fence. He said they were rescue sheep. They were going to be put down, when he rescued them. I was really touched to hear their story and how they were given a second chance at life.

Enjoy your day!

Sophie x

You may also like...