Does anyone on here own an Instant Pot? - SHARE Metastatic ...

SHARE Metastatic Breast Cancer

4,084 members4,847 posts

Does anyone on here own an Instant Pot?

SophSP
SophSP

Hello Everyone,

I know this isn't cancer-related, but I was just wondering if anyone else on here has an Instant Pot? My husband and I just bought one. We made corned beef and vegetables last night. We just wanted to buy an appliance that would make our lives a little easier for when we don't feel much like cooking, and we were persuaded to buy one after seeing how much fun our relatives in America were having with theirs.

Sophie x

9 Replies

So far, so good! The corned beef came out really tender, and the vegetables were cooked well too. My only gripe so far is that it took a further hour after the meat was ready for the vegetables to be done. We had to wait for the Instant Pot to get back up to pressure again after we took out the meat, which took quite a while, and then we added the vegetables. I am keeping my slow cooker, but I think this will work better for one-pot meals or soups, rather than those that need to be stopped and started again, such as roasts. This is the only meal my husband and I have made so far. But it can be used for rice, apple sauce, dried beans, and a lot more. So I am looking forward to experimenting more with it.

Sophie x

My son got me an instant pot and I love it. It has made cooking so much easier for me. I use it almost every day. Last night I made a ground turkey chili and put portions in freezer bags in the freezer. I even cook eggs in it. I love it! I had bought a small spaghetti squash and cooked the whole squash in 13 minutes. It's a great appliance. Enjoy it!

SophSP
SophSP in reply to SpiffyCJ

Good for you! I am glad you are enjoying your Instant Pot. My husband is currently cooking up a batch of pinto beans for me. I am not a vegetarian, but I prefer vegetarian food, so mine has no meat in it. The second batch will have some ham.

Sophie x

I have one! New to me as well! But amazing

SophSP
SophSP in reply to blms

I like mine too! I'm glad we bought an Instant Pot. It cost us twice as much as it would have done if we had bought it in America, but that's OK. We'll get lots of use out of it.

Sophie x

My daughter does all the cooking - she loves it.

SophSP
SophSP in reply to NPmary

That's good! I have lots of idea of what to cook in the Instant Pot.

Sophie x

I jumped on the InstaPot bandwagon last week and it is amazing. I am still working 40 hours per week so being able to make a wholesome dinner in a short amount of time has been life saving. Cooked a whole chicken to fall off the bone tastiness in 25 minutes was the best. There are tons of recipes on Pinterest and also on the InstaPot website. I am going to try pork tenderloin in it this weekend. Enjoy!

That sounds brilliant! It was actually my husband's idea to buy an Instant Pot. He was impressed with how well some relatives were getting on with theirs, so decided to buy one. So far, we have made corned beef, and two lots of pinto beans (one with ham and one without). I want to try making apple sauce and yoghurt. I currently make apple sauce by reducing it down with a splash of water, and spices (nutmeg, cinnamon and sometimes cloves). But it would be nice to be able to make it without having to babysit it.

Sophie x

You may also like...