SHARE Metastatic Breast Cancer
2,360 members1,713 posts

Ordered some Montmorency cherry capsules

Hello Everyone!

I ordered some Montmorency cherry capsules from Amazon yesterday. I first heard about them years ago when my husband's gout was bothering him. We learned that cherry extract could help with the inflammation and pain he was experiencing. He ended up deciding to go the medical route though and has been taking Allupurinol to manage the condition. But I thought it would be a good idea to start taking the capsules myself. Has anyone has any positive experiences after taking this supplement?

I am off to hospital this afternoon for some radiotherapy.

Enjoy your day!

Sophie x

14 Replies
oldestnewest

*had*

Hi Sophie

I take turmeric for the same reason..as an anti.inflammatory

If it helps that’s great

Barb xx

1 like

Hi Barb,

I was thinking of taking a turmeric supplement too. Do you find it effective? I was reading somewhere (on here I believe) that tomatoes and peppers aggravate inflammation. I love tomatoes and peppers! I made a homemade curry recently and added plenty of turmeric. Maybe I was just imagining tjings, but I felt better afterwards.

Thanks so much for the tip,

Sophie xx

1 like

*things*

Hi Sophie,

I used to take tumeric while I was taking letrozole and it did help me with reducing aches. Now though I have MBC and on Faslodex instead I've discovered that I don't need it.

I don't know about the cherries but I would cross check references first for possible interference with the drugs you're taking. I've found drugs.com can be useful for that, also Sloan has a reference chart available for herbs etc. You should ask your doctor to check if you can't find the info.

I hope you can take it and that it helps you!

Hi 13plus,

Thanks for the advice. I will look up whether cherry capsules might interfere with the drugs I am taking. I am currently taking Letrozole, Zometa, Zoladex and Adcal D3. I am having my next infusion this Friday, so could ask then as well.

Thanks again!

Sophie x

1 like

Greetings: Sister/Warrior. My friend and his father who , on occasion have hadextreme pain, and swelling, due to them both being diagnosed with Gout. After looking up natural cures. I got in touch with one of my Integrative Dr's who gave me the okay to give him, Cherry Extract, Celery Seed Extract, and a combo capsule of Quercetin&Bromelaine. After taking all of the aforementioned capsules, within 1 day the pain was substantially lowered, and In two days my friends father was completely pain free. The only side effect, was more frequent urination, that was removing the Uric acid from his body, which was causing this painful condition.

I will always put my trust in and, use God's green earth herbs, oils, and supplements, over pharmaceutical drugs, when possible. $50 for a 3-4 month supply of these VitaCost brand of combined supplements can all be purchased online from VitaCost.com. If the person is taking other drugs or supplements you must tell the Integrative Dr. to make sure there are no interactions. I hope this information , has helped you or a loved one, or will help someone in the future. XoXoXoXoXo

Hello RLN,

Thank you for the advice. I will call the oncology nurse line soon when it opens up and ask about the cherry pills to make sure they will not interact with the medication I am already taking. I forgot to ask when I called yesterday!

Thanks again,

Sophie x

Ask about all 4 supplement in my e-mail to you. I take the Quercetin&Bromelaine capsules, two a day to combat any inflammation in my body.This combo pill is also a great natural anti-histamine. I rarely have to use my Zyrtec, and Benadryl. God is the greatest.

Thank you. I was given the green light by one of the oncology nurses to use the cherry capsules. I'll have to look into the others you mentioned too. Thanks again!

Sophie x

1 like

Hi Sophie. I am wondering if you have found the cherry capsules helpful at all. Thanks.

Sandra

Hi Sandra,

Yes, I think the Montmorency cherry capsules do work. Either that or it's a coincidence that I don't have any pain. I sometimes feel a bit stiff first thing, but it doesn't last. My husband and I looked into buying them years ago when he was diagnosed with gout (it runs in his family) but he decided to take allupurinol instead. I am planning to order some Juice+ capsules, which are also anti-inflammatory, so then I may stop taking the cherry capsules. My naturopath recommended them.

Take care,

Sophie ❤

Thanks for the update Sophie. Glad they seem to be helping. I think invariably we will be somewhat stiff first thing in the morning. The Garden and Orchid Blend Juice+ capsules look good and you only need to take 2 capsules per day which is good considering others I see you need to take up to 12 a day...not going to happen. I wouldn't recommend the Vineyard Blend though as they have pomegranate.

I received my green powder supplement today and will try my first drink shortly.

Sandra

You're welcome, Sandra! I'm too tired to order the Juice+ just yet. I hope you like the green powder supplement.

Sophie ❤

You may also like...